Remember the 3ds was dead in the water?

#31TheRealistKillaPosted 3/3/2013 8:29:27 AM
Damn TC got a point. I remember getting the 3DS and thinking it was alright but knowing the thing launched without any hype.
---
I have never seen a kid so explosive in my life. Mike Mayock on Percy Lord have Mercy Harvin
#32cloudtheprophetPosted 3/3/2013 8:31:36 AM
thundercat2600 posted...

PSX also outsold N64 by over 3x. So 2 out of 5 of Nintendo's consoles thus far got creamed by the competition.

So hell no, Nintendo is not "always near or on the top".

Ok I concede the N64 too. What I don't understand is why Sonys gaming department is in financial trouble based on console sales they should be the best of the big three. Could someone explain? And don't say psvita one failed release would not a company

I'm not above acknowledging I am wrong I assumed the sales were closer. For a bit of perspective the N64 was in 2nd place out of 4 consoles in that generation though.
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#33NightsOwlPosted 3/3/2013 8:33:21 AM
DarthBadger posted...
That's fine but you should know tagging your post with "I'm a fanboy" at the end quickly overshadows whatever objectivity your argument actually has.

-rolls eyes-
Fanboy or not. A good argument is a good argument.
---
Not changing my signature until Breath of Fire VI or EBA2/Ouendan3 is announced.
People with Waifus need Laifus.
#34RisingWaterPosted 3/3/2013 8:49:16 AM
PedroMontana posted...
RisingWater posted...
Yes,I can see similarities but the fact is that 3DS never really had dedicated handheld competition,Vita has fallen flat since like week one in all major territories.Smartphones are pulling the rug under 3DS in the West but that is another story.

WiiU on the other hand has a very very strong console competition---360,PS3,PS4,Rango.With that in mind,what is the best option for Nintendo?

The thing is, the 3DS worst troubles were BEFORE the Vita was out.
People seem to have completely unrealistic expectations of launch lineups nowadays, and these are best shattered when the competition comes out with more expensive hardware that also doesn't magically launch with 500 exclusives.

Let's see how dangerous the PS4 looks when people are actually supposed to buy it for 400+$ with few interesting games available, while the Wii U will have some big sellers on the market.

The problem is that all Nintendo efforts to separate WiiU from PS360 have fallen flat.In the minds of people/publishers WiiU is Nintendo 360 with tablet controller.
But 360 is a lot cheaper,has huge game library,tons of dirt cheap titles,gets more games on monthly basis...forget about next gen,that is the real WiiU competition

In short I blame Nintendo for allowing that to happen.
#35DTY3Posted 3/3/2013 8:51:04 AM
DarthBadger posted...
That's fine but you should know tagging your post with "I'm a fanboy" at the end quickly overshadows whatever objectivity your argument actually has.

More or less. Sorry TC.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#36chevalianknightPosted 3/3/2013 8:55:21 AM
As soon as the Wii U get some good games then I will think about buying a Wii. I am interested in playing Zombie U but it is not worth purchasing the Wii U for that one game.
---
A true knight, will forsake egoism and humiliate oneself with knighthood.
Its only when weve lost everything, then we are free to do anything.--Tyler Durden
#37ZarethPosted 3/3/2013 9:07:20 AM
3DS was never dead in the water, because we actually knew good things were coming out for it.

Wii U isn't dead either. Vita is though. At least outside Japan.
---
It's okay, I have no idea who I am either.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/sage_assassin20/13295475117601.gif http://i.imgur.com/WOo6wcq.png
#38Jonbazookaboz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 9:09:07 AM
Here's a thought! If anyone who hasnt already purchased a wii u but can see its potential or likes a couple of games on it now or some future releases. Why not take a chance and BUY the thing. If more people showed support maybe more developers would too. Else the whole thing becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. In my opinion there was good reason to own every previous nintendo whether some where more successful than others. I always felt i at least got my moneys worth and more often than not more. Each console had its share of top quality games.

Why BE the troll when you can be the fanboy!
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#39NightsOwlPosted 3/3/2013 9:28:59 AM
johnnybazookabo posted...
Here's a thought! If anyone who hasnt already purchased a wii u but can see its potential or likes a couple of games on it now or some future releases. Why not take a chance and BUY the thing. If more people showed support maybe more developers would too. Else the whole thing becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. In my opinion there was good reason to own every previous nintendo whether some where more successful than others. I always felt i at least got my moneys worth and more often than not more. Each console had its share of top quality games.

Why BE the troll when you can be the fanboy!

To be fair I completely on a whim got the Wii U. Only was ever let down with the N64.

X and Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei are currently looking great. So I'm glad I went with it. But eh.
---
Not changing my signature until Breath of Fire VI or EBA2/Ouendan3 is announced.
People with Waifus need Laifus.
#40DemonDog666Posted 3/3/2013 9:36:43 AM
So you are saying wiiU will have a 1/3 price drop in 2 months.