Remember the 3ds was dead in the water?

#41Mecha SonicPosted 3/3/2013 8:43:20 AM
the difference is that third parties actually develop for 3DS, whereas third parties don't develop for wii u
---
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2366/rainbowsadbykawaiipiepi.jpg
#42NightsOwlPosted 3/3/2013 8:51:33 AM
Mecha Sonic posted...
the difference is that third parties actually develop for 3DS, whereas third parties don't develop for wii u

Third parties really didn't develop for the 3DS when it first came out either. It's pretty much the same companies that did stuff for the Wii U.

Dead or Alive
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
Madden NFL
Super Street Fighter IV 3D
Asphalt 3D
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
Ridge Racer 3D
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
---
Not changing my signature until Breath of Fire VI or EBA2/Ouendan3 is announced.
People with Waifus need Laifus.
#43ddmdandamanPosted 3/3/2013 9:18:32 AM
I just feel it's a waste of time talking about a system failing in its first three months of existence. I even waited until just this past month to officially say the Vita is a North American flop. Chill out, let's have this talk again next January. :-)
---
How do they do it? Every time Sony or Microsoft releases something cool, Nintendo still gets me to come back.
God bless the Nintendo fans. :D
#44Kentaro21Posted 3/3/2013 9:25:37 AM
The 3DS was dead in the water? I was too busy to notice.
#45DemonDog666Posted 3/3/2013 9:58:48 AM
Kentaro21 posted...
The 3DS was dead in the water? I was too busy to notice.

it had a 1/3 price drop 5 months after launch...
#46Shinobi120Posted 3/3/2013 10:05:43 AM(edited)
Those who underestimate Nintendo will always be proven to be wrong.

Everyone thought that the DS would lose to the PSP, & yet, look at what happened.

PS3 & Xbox 360 fanboys thought that Nintendo will get ignored just because they have tons more power than the Wii, but yet, the Wii picked up a lot of console sales.

Everyone thought that the 3DS will fail, & yet, look what's happened. Selling more so than Vita, & getting tons more 3rd party support.

Now, here we are with Wii U, in which the media & MS & Sony fanboys go, "Nintendo is doomed!" again. IMO, the Wii U will be far more successful than Xbox 3 & PS4 in the long run.
#47DemonDog666Posted 3/3/2013 10:10:14 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
Those who underestimate Nintendo will always be proven to be wrong.

Everyone thought that the DS would lose to the PSP, & yet, look at what happened.

PS3 & Xbox 360 fanboys thought that Nintendo will get ignored just because they have tons more power than the Wii, but yet, the Wii picked up a lot of console sales.

Everyone thought that the 3DS will fail, & yet, look what's happened. Selling more so than Vita, & getting tons more 3rd party support.

Now, here we are with Wii U, in which the media & MS & Sony fanboys go, "Nintendo is doomed!" again. IMO, the Wii U will be far more successful than Xbox 3 & PS4 in the long run.

Nintendo was ignored last gen, all wii got was shovelware, it sold alot as a fad but the gaming community by large ignored it, even many who bought it. I'm not saying Nintendo is doomed, they'll sell enough to survive on brand name alone, wiiU just isn't a good console and will be ignored by developers/publishers most likely.
#48R2BDSiPosted 3/3/2013 10:31:30 AM
NES: 69 million units
SNES: 49 million units
N64: 32 million units
GCN: 21 million units
Wii: 98 million units

Notice how Nintendo systems have been declining since the NES, even though Wii sold extremely well, and will be labeled as the 3rd most sold hardware, likely beating the original PlayStation, Nintendo got barely 3rd party support, they didn't get GTA IV, or any other multiplats. It's obvious that Nintendo is losing their relevance in the console market. When the majority think of consoles we think about Sony, and Microsoft fighting for the top. Nintendo will make tons of profit from their hardware, as they always have, especially from handhelds, despite the smartphone, and tablet market capitalizing mobile games.
#49dukedevlinPosted 3/3/2013 10:33:18 AM
3DS was never dead in the water.

It had a rough start because of the price, after which good guy Nintendo was all like:

Bros, we hear yall, well cut the price by 100 euros. Enjoy.

And then sales exploded.
#50Great_Pudding_3Posted 3/3/2013 11:01:14 AM
dukedevlin posted...
3DS was never dead in the water.

It had a rough start because of the price, after which good guy Nintendo was all like:

Bros, we hear yall, well cut the price by 100 euros. Enjoy.

And then sales exploded.

Seriously.

"A couple of top games come out then BOOM its the best handheld ever."?

It was more like PANIC MODE $80 DROP LESS THAN SIX MONTHS AFTER LAUNCH.
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon