Do you think Nintendo has learned its lesson and will stop casual pandering?

#1CelestialMindPosted 3/3/2013 12:08:01 PM
I think Nintendo has realized the difference between CASUAL and HARDCORE is that casuals aren't loyal.

Casuals are traitors, sure a lot of them bought a Wii because of the gimmicks but once the Ipad and other trendy items came out they forgot all about it and didn't buy a Wii U. As you can see casuals have a short attention span.

So for next time (if there is a next time) I think Nintendo will focus on Nintendo fans and hardcore gamers, because those are the types that will never leave them, not even when i-game comes out.
#2AdamLazarusoPosted 3/3/2013 12:08:44 PM
Maybe, but I think the damage has already been done. They created a lot of bad will with 'core' gamers with the Wii.
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#3LUlGIPosted 3/3/2013 12:09:55 PM
No.

I think Nintendo has realized the difference between CASUAL and HARDCORE is that casuals aren't loyal.

Neither are the hardcore
#4Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/3/2013 12:13:07 PM(edited)
Without the casuals their fanbase is relatively small and they will end up selling N64/Gamecube numbers, so no.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#5Enigma149Posted 3/3/2013 12:11:46 PM(edited)

Yes, because the hardcore were so loyal to Nintendo during the Nintendo 64 and GameCube eras, and never left them to go to the other consoles because they were cheaper and were bought out by flashy FMVs. That's why those consoles sold like hotcakes.

Off topic, but what exactly is a hotcake, anyway?
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#6melbye80Posted 3/3/2013 12:11:17 PM
They had to find new friends when the so-called hardcore betrayed them, it is really hard to blame them. Now that they have been betrayed by both groups the question is what to do now
#7Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/3/2013 12:15:51 PM
Lol at fanboys thinking consumers betrayed a company. Consumers do not have to stick by a company that has horrendous policies that drive them away. This is not a friendship or partnership, nobody has betrayed anybody.

It was nintendos job to keep delivering what the people wanted, and if they failed at that and ended up driving away people, they only have themselves to blame. They made many stupid design choices with the N64, Gamecube, and the Wii U.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#8DarkAdonis123Posted 3/3/2013 12:16:30 PM
There is more money to be made from casuals because the base is larger. Their first party titles that pander to casuals go on to sell tens of millions of copies usually. Not exactly numbers that would deter them from their existing path.

Right now the Wii U isn't much to look at, and interest in it is waning, but that'll change when they roll out their bread and butter tiles. Unfortunately the Wii U looks like it'll be a repeat of Ninty's last 3 consoles. Good for nothing but first party titles, with the occasional solid third party release here and there.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#9CelestialMind(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 12:17:18 PM
It was Nintendo's own fault real gamers betrayed them. They had all the support during the SNES era, what did they do? Make all 3rd parties hate and despise them by shady business practices and then refuse to use CD-roms because they were universal and used their own crappy cartridges. They tried to restrict and control too much, serves them right.
#10Wiiplayer111Posted 3/3/2013 12:17:53 PM
Nintendo has always just made games for everyone. They've never pandered to anyone. They just do what they want to do and whoever buys it buys it.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com