Do you think Nintendo has learned its lesson and will stop casual pandering?

#31Hawke0Posted 3/3/2013 3:46:03 PM
Hardcore and casual are some of the most overused and misused terms in gaming, alongside 'generic fps' 'insert game here clone', the 'word' gimmicky, and 90% of the people who use them are complete idiots.

---
Some of the best music in gaming: the Freedom Fighters OST http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHK46y_He4&list=PLXQy_o
x7fQ3VNAeoBsoqIzzcvjRKy_rpT
#32mjc0961Posted 3/3/2013 4:48:48 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Off topic, but what exactly is a hotcake, anyway?

I dunno, if only there were webpages you could go to where you just type in a word and you can look up what it means instantly... That sure would be nice instead of having to ask people on a message board and wait around for an answer!
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#33Kentaro21Posted 3/3/2013 4:51:02 PM
If they catered to hardcores only, they'd lose a lot of customers.
#34Enigma149Posted 3/3/2013 4:54:26 PM
bboydescend posted...
Enigma149 posted...
I think Nintendo has realized the difference between CASUAL and HARDCORE is that casuals aren't loyal.

Yes, because the hardcore were so loyal to Nintendo during the Nintendo 64 and GameCube eras, and never left them to go to the other consoles because they were cheaper and were bought out by flashy FMVs. That's why those consoles sold like hotcakes.

hotcakes are pancakes :D

Really?

Huh. I never really figured the pancake would be something noted for how it sells.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#35Ghost-inZeShellPosted 3/3/2013 5:29:51 PM
I hope not.
I'm pretty casual.
...if you know what I mean.
#36tehponycornPosted 3/3/2013 5:36:30 PM
better question: why do you troll?
---
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss
#37ChipChippersonPosted 3/3/2013 5:58:42 PM
Enigma149 posted...
bboydescend posted...
Enigma149 posted...
I think Nintendo has realized the difference between CASUAL and HARDCORE is that casuals aren't loyal.

Yes, because the hardcore were so loyal to Nintendo during the Nintendo 64 and GameCube eras, and never left them to go to the other consoles because they were cheaper and were bought out by flashy FMVs. That's why those consoles sold like hotcakes.

hotcakes are pancakes :D

Really?

Huh. I never really figured the pancake would be something noted for how it sells.

''SELL LIKE HOT CAKES - "Hot cakes cooked in bear grease or pork lard were popular from the earliest times in America. First made of cornmeal, the griddle cakes or pancakes were of course best when served piping hot and were often sold at church benefits, fairs, and other functions. So popular were they that by the beginning of the 19th century 'to sell like hot cakes' was a familiar expression for anything that sold very quickly effortlessly, and in quantity." From "Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins" by Robert Hendrickson (Facts on File, New York, 1997)''
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#38thenavysfinest7Posted 3/3/2013 6:01:28 PM
Casual and hardcore are just words used by people on forums. The publishers and developers don't actually think with these terms in mind, so this topic is kind of dumb.
---
Nintendo Network: KidKreole7 PSN:RoflJosh
If you believe in a "Console War", YOU are whats wrong with America.
#39excitebike64Posted 3/4/2013 11:37:19 AM
thenavysfinest7 posted...
Casual and hardcore are just words used by people on forums. The publishers and developers don't actually think with these terms in mind, so this topic is kind of dumb.

Yeah they do. What are you smoking? Angry Birds is best, popular example I can think of. I really doubt they thought WoW players were the target audience for Angry Birds.