Who does the best with DLC?

#1Warmonger222Posted 3/3/2013 4:42:45 PM
Out of the big devs/publishers, that is - Results (160 votes)
Activision
0.63% (1 votes)
Bethesda
26.25% (42 votes)
Capcom
5.63% (9 votes)
EA
5% (8 votes)
Konami
0.63% (1 votes)
Microsoft
1.25% (2 votes)
Nintendo
46.88% (75 votes)
Sony
7.5% (12 votes)
Square Enix
1.25% (2 votes)
Ubisoft
5% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I truly hope Capcom and EA get one ripped in this topic.

Since I only had a Wii for the majority of last gen (and didn't really get any DLC on the XBox) I say Nintendo. Although they just discovered it, they have been only releasing it as level packs and other bonuses, rather than essential parts of a game like many others. And they also release free packs every now and then to promote their games.

But I can't make a completely educated decision here, since I have limited experience with DLC.
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#2Kentaro21Posted 3/3/2013 4:44:32 PM
Nintendo's DLC is optional, and not required to get a game's true ending. They give us the full game, and offer us little options.
#3mjc0961Posted 3/3/2013 4:46:41 PM
No Rockstar in poll, but Capcom and EA are present?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nz93Cmr3v8

The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony were far more worth the asking price than any DLC released for any other game this generation. Red Dead Redemption also had fairly priced DLC and also plenty of free DLC offered as a thank you to the fans of the game.

Bethesda can have second place for decent Fallout 3 DLC, but they are not worthy of first place. Two words: horse armor.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#4ReyMilansteryoPosted 3/3/2013 4:48:16 PM
Bethesda with their Fallout 3 dlc's

and lolwut nintendo??
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: MGS HD Collection, Fallout 3 (PC) , Just Cause 2, Metal Gear Rising Reveangence, Uncharted 1, Vanquish
#5TheStarCorePosted 3/3/2013 4:48:58 PM
EA do some fantastic DLC in Mass Effect and Battlefield Premium, and Bethesda are great with their expansions for their games as well.

Nintendo's also doing well with the few DLC offerings, they've not done anything to piss me off at least
#6Enigma149Posted 3/3/2013 4:58:05 PM(edited)
I want to state for the record that my vote for Nintendo was not a vote in favor of Nintendo's DLC practices, but against those of every other company.

It's similar to how I vote for President.

****EDIT****
Also, I probably would've voted for Bethesda, had I not bought the PS3 version of Skyrim.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#7thelastgogetaPosted 3/3/2013 4:55:26 PM(edited)
EDIT: If I vote for one of these guys, that will probably be my mindset. ^ I'm not fond of Capcom's practices or EA.

From that list? I'm not into the microtransaction/DLC thing but I do know who have poor reputations and some titles which kept good content store exclusive (at least temporarily) or limited edition exclusive.

mjc0961 posted...
Bethesda can have second place for decent Fallout 3 DLC, but they are not worthy of first place. Two words: horse armor.

>_>

I see Oblivion's horse armour being quoted very often as some of the worst DLC of that period. Was the DLC attached to and increasing the price of a desirable pack like Knights of the Nine? Or was it just relatively cosmetic armour for an animal which is slower than fast travel, you can't fight with unless you get off and can easily die with the scaled enemies...

I see no reason for a player to buy it, especially when the Dark Brotherhood had an immortal horse which you can use as storage and you can steal horses left and right.
---
Get, Play The Undersold Triforce: Z+W, NMH, Okami!
PM of the SSR Board + Ninja of SATBK/SATFS forever
#8metroidman92Posted 3/3/2013 4:54:33 PM
Bethesda. They make full-on expansions (see Fallout and TES).

Crap like day-1 DLC, and stuff that should just be included with the game to start isn't proper DLC in my mind. Just money-sucking bs.
---
If you even think about coming after your brother, this bullet will be waiting for you!
#9LodeiroSnakePosted 3/3/2013 4:56:26 PM
Bethesda no doubt with their Fallout 3 expansions.
---
"Doesn't matter. I hate Nintendo so only people who hate Nintendo are right. Nintendo could buy all the food in the world. I'd rather **** starve!"
#10NerdimusPrimePosted 3/3/2013 4:58:37 PM
LodeiroSnake posted...
Bethesda no doubt with their Fallout 3 expansions.

horse armor.
---
Tua mater gerit caligas.