Who does the best with DLC?

#11FFXIgaiaknightPosted 3/3/2013 4:59:17 PM
Bethesda hands down, to the people voting nintendo i think its still to early to judge them as the best as we dont know exactly how they will do DLC right now they have the right idea with the whole adding extra chapters to fire emblem and adding new levels to mario games but lets see what the future holds.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Dragonborn (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#12Godstriker8Posted 3/3/2013 5:12:26 PM
Lol, why are people voting Nintendo? I guess 50% of the people on this board have never experienced DLC on any platform other than Nintendo ones lol. They're not bad, but they've barely done any DLC, and the ones they have done like the NSMB2 coin rush stages aren't very compelling.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#13IloveElitePosted 3/3/2013 5:18:04 PM
Stunned that some misguided people actually voted EA!

I love a lot of EA games but their pathetic DLC policy has put me off their games forever.

its really taking the p**s when you go out on launch day, drop 40 on the latest Tiger Woods game, get home and theres 23, yes I counted it TWENTY THREE DLC items on DAY 1.

This is totally and utterly unacceptable!

Needless to say, it'll be the last EA game I buy.
#14Kentaro21Posted 3/3/2013 5:19:50 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
Lol, why are people voting Nintendo? I guess 50% of the people on this board have never experienced DLC on any platform other than Nintendo ones lol. They're not bad, but they've barely done any DLC, and the ones they have done like the NSMB2 coin rush stages aren't very compelling.

Guess quality over quantity. Seriously though, it's their choice.
#15SmoshCuchPosted 3/3/2013 5:25:33 PM
mjc0961 posted...
No Rockstar in poll, but Capcom and EA are present?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nz93Cmr3v8

The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony were far more worth the asking price than any DLC released for any other game this generation. Red Dead Redemption also had fairly priced DLC and also plenty of free DLC offered as a thank you to the fans of the game.

This. Rockstar actually gives complete new campaigns. Not necessary for the 'real' ending to the story, because it's a whole new story. Much more substance than map/weapon/skin packs. And I also feel they they are well-priced for what they offer,

Plus, they actually give you the option of buying on physical media.
#16Lefty128kPosted 3/3/2013 5:28:53 PM
Rockstar
#17ReyMilansteryoPosted 3/3/2013 5:59:22 PM
bump for awareness
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: MGS HD Collection, Fallout 3 (PC) , Just Cause 2, Metal Gear Rising Reveangence, Uncharted 1, Vanquish
#18Gogo726Posted 3/3/2013 6:33:02 PM
I voted Bethesda because I really enjoyed Dragonborn.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#19The_Shadow_LinkPosted 3/3/2013 6:40:34 PM
Searching for Valve.

Valve not found.

Also Nintendo really shouldn't be leading, unless they are winning in a "Not having DLC for the last generation" approach. Because they're current DLC plan, the one they used with New Super Mario Bros 2. Was overpriced as heck. Have 3 levels made entirely from already pre-existing elements in the game for $1 each! When other platformers have level editors, or have released Level Editor DLC for free, this is just plain embarassing. And NSLU might be even further down the rabbit hole depending on how they price it.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#20SSJ4CHRISPosted 3/3/2013 6:43:56 PM
metroidman92 posted...
Bethesda. They make full-on expansions (see Fallout and TES).

Crap like day-1 DLC, and stuff that should just be included with the game to start isn't proper DLC in my mind. Just money-sucking bs.

Nintendo does day 1 DLC also, so they are part of the money sucking bs as much as EA and Capcom.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.