Sony can date Beyond for Oct, but Nintendo can't date Game & Wario for Apr?

#1Snoopdawwg22Posted 3/3/2013 4:43:00 PM
I can guarantee that finished U.S. copies of Game & Wario are sitting in a warehouse somewhere in the country, and yet the game (coming 03/28 in Japan) hasn't had its inevitable late April-early May release date announced yet. Whereas Sony announced earlier this week that one of their exclusives, Beyond: Two Souls will be on store shelves on October 8th, when I bet the game still has months of work left to go on it.

Would love to know how the marketing team at Nintendo keep their jobs. Having a date for all of the major games that we were told were coming by the end of June (Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, The Wonderful 101) gives people on the fence about the system a deadline for when they need to have the money saved up to buy one alongside an anticipated game. It also gives people who have already bought the system (like me) a heads up as to which week they should plan to keep some extra money in their pocket, or schedule a local multiplayer gaming party in the case of something like Game & Wario.

Makes. NO. Sense.
---
Yes, I really am the sage Luigi In His Mansion.
"Snoopdawwg22 is my hero." - Bigdoug14, 02/04/04
#2RahzarXPosted 3/3/2013 4:46:09 PM
Are you confused?

April is BEFORE October.

So it's easier to date a game that may or may not come out on time MUCH later in the year than it is to put a date on something that is nearing release.

For example.

Mario Universe is coming out September 6th, 2015, not really but here's a date for you to look at.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#3Snoopdawwg22(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 4:51:49 PM
RahzarX posted...
Are you confused?

April is BEFORE October.

So it's easier to date a game that may or may not come out on time MUCH later in the year than it is to put a date on something that is nearing release.

For example.

Mario Universe is coming out September 6th, 2015, not really but here's a date for you to look at.

I'm not confused, but you sure are.

Nintendo already told us in a press release on January 23rd that the 4 aforementioned games would be available in the first half of the year, which indicates to me that all 4 games were finished or over 90% done on that date. Given that over a month has now elapsed since then, you would think that we would have a better idea as to what exact date they would release? Or would you prefer no update until July 1 when they still aren't out and then have them announce, "We lied?"
---
#4CaioNVPosted 3/3/2013 4:53:16 PM
TBH I agree with this.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#5mjc0961Posted 3/3/2013 5:46:40 PM
Snoopdawwg22 posted...
I can guarantee that finished U.S. copies of Game & Wario are sitting in a warehouse somewhere in the country

You can guarantee it? You need to either back up that statement or go learn what guarantee means so you can stop using the word incorrectly.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#6Snoopdawwg22(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 8:29:54 PM
Sigh. At least I got one intelligent response from CaioNV. 15 years at GameFAQs is starting to feel like 15 years at GameFAQs.
---
#7DTY3Posted 3/3/2013 8:32:57 PM
Snoopdawwg22 posted...
Sigh. At least I got one intelligent response from CaioNV. 15 years at GameFAQs is starting to feel like 15 years at GameFAQs.

soooo....

An intelligent response=Someone simply saying they agree with you..?

Y'okay.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#8darkqueenhelbaPosted 3/3/2013 8:34:08 PM
I say don't bother announcing games until you have solid release dates. A lot of people may not like that but I would personally prefer it. I don't want to know about a game's existence if it's years away. Like, Final Fantasy XIII Versus. Now that's stupid.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#9DiscostewSMPosted 3/3/2013 8:43:40 PM
I remember when Rayman Legends was dated for November 30 just after the Wii U launch.....then to February 26.....and now for September. Yeah.....people really want to know release dates months before knowing whether the release date can be kept....
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#10player_threePosted 3/3/2013 8:51:34 PM
Nintendo can do it too you know. See pokemon XY.