Sony can date Beyond for Oct, but Nintendo can't date Game & Wario for Apr?

#11plasmatic5Posted 3/3/2013 8:54:35 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
I remember when Rayman Legends was dated for November 30 just after the Wii U launch.....then to February 26.....and now for September. Yeah.....people really want to know release dates months before knowing whether the release date can be kept....

Exactly. There's no point in setting a release date until you are pretty damn sure that you are releasing it on that date. Unfortunately, some companies do just put a date just to have a date (it tricks the public). There's no problem with setting a release window however.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#1295_EclipsePosted 3/3/2013 8:58:56 PM
RahzarX posted...
Are you confused?

April is BEFORE October.

So it's easier to date a game that may or may not come out on time MUCH later in the year than it is to put a date on something that is nearing release.

For example.

Mario Universe is coming out September 6th, 2015, not really but here's a date for you to look at.

What is this I don't even.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#13MrAntike184Posted 3/3/2013 9:02:21 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
RahzarX posted...
Are you confused?

April is BEFORE October.

So it's easier to date a game that may or may not come out on time MUCH later in the year than it is to put a date on something that is nearing release.

For example.

Mario Universe is coming out September 6th, 2015, not really but here's a date for you to look at.

Made sense to me.
---
Proud owner of 3DS XL, GBA SP, N64, Xbox 360 & PS2.
Favorite game series: Zelda & F-Zero.
#14Board_hunter567Posted 3/3/2013 9:09:36 PM
It does bother me as a consumer (although perhaps I have a bit more patience than most), but I sort of admire how Nintendo never seems to enforce strict deadlines for their projects and delay them when need be.

Still, no excuse why something like Game & Wario wasn't a "launch window" title.
#15hellbringherPosted 3/3/2013 9:13:11 PM
RahzarX posted...
Are you confused?

April is BEFORE October.

For example.

Butthurt
---
That cornbread looks good!!! - Eddie Winslow
#16Ryan SiPosted 3/4/2013 12:15:48 AM
Nintendo has always had a problem communicating announced games to gamers. Whether it's simply new information, some screenshots, or a release date.

I remember in one of my old EGM magazines from like 2002 the Editorial was all about readers asking why there's so much coverage of Sony/Microsoft stuff and so little of Nintendo. They simply stated Nintendo just wasn't very open to sharing new info, it's always "no comment, we'll get back to you."
---
Currently Playing: Bit.Trip Presents...Runner 2 (PC), Assassins Creed II (PC), Super Mario All-Stars (Wii)
#17JackalPosted 3/4/2013 4:43:06 AM
Nintendo loves to starve gamers. That way when they do release a game people will buy it up making it look more anticipated as a Nintendo release rather than just being glad to have something to play.

UniSoft has already announced exclusive PS4 content for AC4 and the console isn't even out yet. Give up the info Nintendo! And not just those vague "coming later" comments.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#18Snoopdawwg22(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 5:16:01 PM
Forgot to mention this in my first post, but LEGO City Undercover got its March 18 release date on January 17, so even if Nintendo somehow decided to date Game & Wario tomorrow, we're likely waiting until May 9th or beyond at this point.

I'm starting to believe that we'll get Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, and then either Pikmin 3 or The Wonderful 101 by the end of June and then get whichever one we don't get out of those two in August.
---
Yes, I really am the sage Luigi In His Mansion.
"Snoopdawwg22 is my hero." - Bigdoug14, 02/04/04
#19Reece504Posted 3/8/2013 2:01:42 AM
Snoopdawwg22 posted...
Forgot to mention this in my first post, but LEGO City Undercover got its March 18 release date on January 17, so even if Nintendo somehow decided to date Game & Wario tomorrow, we're likely waiting until May 9th or beyond at this point.

I'm starting to believe that we'll get Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, and then either Pikmin 3 or The Wonderful 101 by the end of June and then get whichever one we don't get out of those two in August.

WHERE IS RAYMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KKnucklez
#20VanderZooPosted 3/8/2013 2:21:38 AM
MrAntike184 posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
RahzarX posted...
Are you confused?

April is BEFORE October.

For example.

Made sense to me.

It made zero sense to me.