what is monster hunter?

#11StarmanJuniorPosted 3/4/2013 12:03:57 AM
Kiro_nami posted...
A miserable pile of secrets.

I lold
---
Inside the mailbox was nothing. Nothing after nothing came pouring out.
#12SocranPosted 3/4/2013 12:12:19 AM
StarmanJunior posted...
Kiro_nami posted...
A miserable pile of secrets.

I lold

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/67
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#13toma13Posted 3/4/2013 6:15:18 AM
The problem with the demo is that it is designed for people who have already played Tri, yet they are using it to try and attract newcomers. They should have made it a demo like Etrian Odyssey 4, where it's an actual save file that can be transferred to the real game, but only goes so far... like if it had been the missions leading up to the first big monster hunt or something.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#14thundercat2600Posted 3/4/2013 6:18:38 AM
It's sort of like Diablo in super slow motion. The entire game is basically killing monsters so you can collect hundreds of miscellaneous fluids, body parts, essences, etc. You use those to make better weapons/armor so you can kill stronger monsters. Repeat for 100s of hours.

It's probably the most boring, overrated turd of a game I have ever played.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#15ZBug_Posted 3/4/2013 6:36:28 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
It's sort of like Diablo in super slow motion. The entire game is basically killing monsters so you can collect hundreds of miscellaneous fluids, body parts, essences, etc. You use those to make better weapons/armor so you can kill stronger monsters. Repeat for 100s of hours.

Someone clearly never liked arcade games. Because that was just doing the same thing for 100s of hours.
Besides there's more to monster hunter then that.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#16thundercat2600Posted 3/4/2013 7:00:25 AM
ZBug_ posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Someone clearly never liked arcade games. Because that was just doing the same thing for 100s of hours.

Right, because arcade games are about spending dozens of hours of mindless grinding in between an hour or two of actual challenge.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#17LemonKweenstaaaPosted 3/4/2013 7:07:12 AM
Monster Hunter is grind-heavy, but I would call the combat anything but mindless.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i.imgur.com/RQBXfZH.jpg
#18KarsticlesPosted 3/4/2013 7:08:05 AM
I think the best comparison for Monster Hunter is Demon's Souls. Imagine Demon's Souls, but the game is primarily focused around boss fights instead of level exploration.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#19Just-SaiyanPosted 3/4/2013 7:09:02 AM
Basically it's a Pokémon ripoff. When Pokémon and Digimon were popular there was also Monster Hunter. I believe there was an anime series at one point as well.

lol
#20LapanuiPosted 3/4/2013 7:11:45 AM(edited)
thundercat2600 posted...
ZBug_ posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Right, because arcade games are about spending dozens of hours of mindless grinding in between an hour or two of actual challenge.

You obviously haven't played Monster Hunter for very long to understand what it is really about...
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1