Micro-transactions, DLC anf FTP are the cancer of the industry.

#1Y34RX3R0Posted 3/3/2013 10:43:15 PM(edited)
Nintendo has nothing to do with any lack of sales on thier part. Which is on par with PS3 and 360 sales at their launch and the majority of you are media sheep.

7 plus years of trying to gut the consumer and change thier spending habbits with content already finished and seperated from the final product only to be resold, then over saturating the market with the sequel after sequel.

While Nintendo is not 100% innocent, EA and others like Activision are largely to blame. The argument against this is "you are not forced to buy it" which is correct I am not forced, however you are kidding yourself if you do not believe these new business models do not affect the final product in a negitive way.
---
PSN: Y34RX3R0
Nintendo Wii U ID: HumanAPE
#2Chaos StrykerPosted 3/3/2013 10:32:41 PM
None of the things you listed are inherently bad.

It's just that 90% of the industry uses them in bad ways.
---
Don't believe in yourself, believe in me! Believe in the Chaos who believes in you!
Please don't say you are lazy. The fact is, I'm really crazy.
#3ArabrockermanXPosted 3/3/2013 10:32:56 PM
What?
#4ChipChippersonPosted 3/3/2013 10:34:46 PM
We're a beaten people, we've been conditioned to just shut up, bend over and take it in everything from gaming to politics. Few people ever put their money where their mouth is.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#5muffinmasherPosted 3/3/2013 10:34:50 PM
Companies have taken note that gamers are absolutely horrible when voting with their wallets. I don't agree with microtransactions, day one DLC, or disc locked content.
I feel like FTP games are different, since those are in their nature, free.

But honestly, EA, Activision, and other companies are noticing that the vocal minority are just that, the minority, and the majority of gamers are a little more "casual" and will say "meh, it's just another 3 bucks".

"Consumers enjoy and embrace microtransactions"
http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-consumers-enjoying-and-embracing-microtransactions-6404525

"All future EA games will contain microtransactions"
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-02-27-all-future-ea-games-to-feature-microtransactions

Until the gaming community as a whole grows tired of these tactics, they are here to stay and expand, which saddens me.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#6Y34RX3R0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 10:42:19 PM
ChipChipperson posted...
We're a beaten people, we've been conditioned to just shut up, bend over and take it in everything from gaming to politics. Few people ever put their money where their mouth is.

This is exactly where I was going with my post!
---
#7ShadowSkill11Posted 3/3/2013 10:43:44 PM
What has the File Transfer Protocol(FTP) ever done to you?
#8Y34RX3R0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 10:44:34 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
What has the File Transfer Protocol(FTP) ever done to you?

Haha!
---
#9akuma634Posted 3/3/2013 10:54:35 PM
None of the things you listed are inherently bad.

It's just that 90% of the industry uses them in bad ways.
#10NeoMonkPosted 3/3/2013 10:59:24 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]