Questions regarding VC and System Transfer

#1NekoSushiRiotPosted 3/3/2013 11:05:47 PM
Lately I've been scared to do the transfer because I am very unfamiliar with the process and never wanted to jump into it without being in the know.

Is it possible to transfer over just the Wii Shop Account and not the Wii system save data itself? I'd rather not lose all my online data within the games. Goldeneye, Mario Kart, etc.

Also, transferring over the Wii Shop Channel account would mean I could no longer play N64 games with a Gamecube controller. Mario 64, OoT and F-Zero never felt so natural before.. and classic controller just feels weird unless its a SNES game. I heard something about when you upgrade a VC game to the U version. You'll have the ability to remap buttons, is this really true? If so, then playing N64 games on a Gamepad or U Pro controller doesn't sound so bad. That is.. if N64 games reach the Wii U VC. I don't see why not.

Thanks in advance (:
---
Currently Playing: Arc Rise Fantasia, Fire Emblem Awakening
#2SocranPosted 3/3/2013 11:08:15 PM
You unfortunately can't do a partial transfer, nor can you send the data back from the Wii U. I do seem to recall hearing that you can remap buttons when the updated Wii U VC comes out, but I can't personally confirm having heard/read this from an official source. Call it "probably".
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#3NekoSushiRiot(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 11:13:38 PM
Hmm, what a pain. That also means I couldn't play Brawl with a Gamecube controller. I think I am gonna make my Wii keep everything until the Wii U gets better in its VC department. We still shouldn't have an upgrade fee in the first place.. we bought the games once, don't squeeze our pocket change out of us too.. --.--
---
Currently Playing: Arc Rise Fantasia, Fire Emblem Awakening
#4Thunderbird8Posted 3/4/2013 12:53:58 AM
Wii U VC games do have a button remapping, I did this with F-Zero slightly (I prefer to use the ZL/ZR buttons for the SNES L+R functions instead of L and R themselves). Balloon Fight most likely can as well.