Has this got better graphics than the PS3/360?

#41thundercat2600Posted 3/4/2013 3:49:17 PM
silverbullt posted...
Funny how you fanboys call out Thunder and then when he slaps you all in the face with facts everyone is quiet...

By a measure of FLOPS alone, the upcoming PS4 is already ~6X faster at number crunching than the Wii U.

Wii U ~ 320GFLOPS last I checked.
PS4 1.82TFLOPS

These are the same people who until a few months ago thought 480p was the greatest thing ever. What did you expect?
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#42Emerald_MeliosPosted 3/4/2013 3:49:30 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...
What is the criteria for "better graphics?"

I'm guessing a combination of performance (frame rate, draw distance, various effects, etc...) and whether the games are taking full advantage of the system's hardware in how they present their visual design.

The former is not something you can see with screenshots. You'd have to play the game itself, or at least watch a video (and even then, the video's own framerate/encoding must be considered).

The latter is something that can only be confirmed by a graphics engineer. I really don't understand what people expected to see from Wii U/PS4 games.....
#43SlimeSwayzePosted 3/4/2013 4:32:06 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...
What is the criteria for "better graphics?"

I'm guessing a combination of performance (frame rate, draw distance, various effects, etc...) and whether the games are taking full advantage of the system's hardware in how they present their visual design.

The former is not something you can see with screenshots. You'd have to play the game itself, or at least watch a video (and even then, the video's own framerate/encoding must be considered).

The latter is something that can only be confirmed by a graphics engineer. I really don't understand what people expected to see from Wii U/PS4 games.....

Well, for me the criteria is just to use my eyes and try to use my common sense. So far I've seen nothing to indicate that he Wii U is any more powerful than the 360 or PS3, but I'm not complaining. I'm happy with how the games I've played so far look, but I also wouldn't complain if we see games down the road that really push the hardware.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.