thinking of buying a wii u..

#1NubtiddeePosted 3/4/2013 7:19:22 AM
is it worth the price at this moment? i have a nintendo hating friend thats making fun of me saying that nintendo basically is playing catchup to the ps3 and 360 with the wii u. he says its no better than those and in many ways actually worse. its annoying b/c he doesnt own any nintendo systems so how the heck can he make all these claims. hes says im crazy not to wait on ps4 or xbox 720. whatever, i need something to play now..im bored. so should i wait to get one? or is it good enough at the moment to go ahead and shell out the cash for it now?
#2Just-SaiyanPosted 3/4/2013 7:24:11 AM
i have a nintendo hating friend thats making fun of me saying that nintendo basically is playing catchup to the ps3 and 360 with the wii u. he says its no better than those and in many ways actually worse.

That's actually true, but I don't have a problem with mine.
If you want the games, then get it.
#3thundercat2600Posted 3/4/2013 7:25:20 AM
If you think it's worth $400+ to play NSMBU and Nintendo Land, then go for it. Otherwise, might as well wait until there is a better selection of games.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#4ballermat982Posted 3/4/2013 7:29:38 AM
Just look at the selection of games that the wii u offers and if there are enough must haves, then you should buy it.
#5RainDrinkerPosted 3/4/2013 7:33:24 AM
Wait for more games or a price drop is probably the best thing you could do.
#6the_cajun88Posted 3/4/2013 7:37:21 AM
i have a nintendo hating friend thats making fun of me saying that nintendo basically is playing catchup to the ps3 and 360 with the wii u. he says its no better than those and in many ways actually worse. its annoying b/c he doesnt own any nintendo systems so how the heck can he make all these claims

Sounds like GameFAQs boards.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#7GLDanzegoPosted 3/4/2013 7:44:35 AM
He doesn't sound like much of a friend if what he's saying causes you to run to a messageboard to complain about it. Of course, that's not addressing why you don't just tell him to shut it if that's not what you want to hear....instead running to a messageboard to complain about it.
#8BoomerTheGreatPosted 3/4/2013 7:45:18 AM
The appeal of the Wii U is much better than PS360. It would be difficult for the PS4 or 720 to be better system IMO. Most people who down talk the Wii U hasnt played it and it shows when they post things. Your friend is similar to many GFAQs users. It is my favorite system and all its features is awesome. I have six games (3 Wii games, 3 Wii U games) I plan on adding at least about 7 more games (possibly more). I would suggest the Zombi U bundle. I can assure you the feel of the Wii U will make you disregard your PS360. They just are not fun anymore to me. I have a family and I never have to fight for the TV because of the gamepad.
---
Greatness comes from within
#9TheRealistKillaPosted 3/4/2013 7:48:40 AM
i bought one and am having fun with it..
i bought the deluxe, nba2k13, CoD, Mario Bros, Nintendoland

if i could do all over again id do the following:

Buy 8gb white console and buy a 1 TB external HD
Buy NBa 2k13 and madden when they are on sale 29 or 39.99
Wait for Pikmin 3 to make any judgement on this systems graphical power. right now theres just a lot of ported over games. Mario being 2D i dont think tried to look graphically great.
---
I have never seen a kid so explosive in my life. Mike Mayock on Percy Lord have Mercy Harvin
#10Nubtiddee(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 10:17:47 AM
GLDanzego posted...
He doesn't sound like much of a friend if what he's saying causes you to run to a messageboard to complain about it. Of course, that's not addressing why you don't just tell him to shut it if that's not what you want to hear....instead running to a messageboard to complain about it.

be quiet...im trying to decide if i should get one. go sit in the corner..thanks =)