thinking of buying a wii u..

#11Jason_HudsonPosted 3/4/2013 11:23:15 AM
Honestly, you'd do better off buying a PS3 or Xbox. The Wii U just isn't being supported by third party developers - right now, 3 major titles have been left out (Crysis 3, Tomb Raider and Bioshock).

Saying that, if you can wait a few more months until the PS4 or 720, you'd benefit even more.

My advice would be to look around and pick up a cheap used console from the current gen and continue saving to get a PS4/720. Something to tide you over until the true next-gen and you're not paying full price for it.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#12StarBladeEdgePosted 3/4/2013 12:14:05 PM
yes it is buy it , and don't forget : if you don't buy it it can't get better or worth. if no one buys it will die. so buy .
---
Your profile information is displayed to the public, and contains offensive or illegal material ! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#13bond465Posted 3/4/2013 12:17:32 PM
Nubtiddee posted...
is it worth the price at this moment? i have a nintendo hating friend thats making fun of me saying that nintendo basically is playing catchup to the ps3 and 360 with the wii u. he says its no better than those and in many ways actually worse. its annoying b/c he doesnt own any nintendo systems so how the heck can he make all these claims. hes says im crazy not to wait on ps4 or xbox 720. whatever, i need something to play now..im bored. so should i wait to get one? or is it good enough at the moment to go ahead and shell out the cash for it now?

wait for a zelda.
#14DemonDog666Posted 3/4/2013 12:28:06 PM(edited)
Nubtiddee posted...
is it worth the price at this moment? i have a nintendo hating friend thats making fun of me saying that nintendo basically is playing catchup to the ps3 and 360 with the wii u. he says its no better than those and in many ways actually worse. its annoying b/c he doesnt own any nintendo systems so how the heck can he make all these claims. hes says im crazy not to wait on ps4 or xbox 720. whatever, i need something to play now..im bored. so should i wait to get one? or is it good enough at the moment to go ahead and shell out the cash for it now?

He's right, if you don't have a ps3/360 you should get one of those, and if you do you should buy games for one of those as almost all of wiiUs current best games are on ps3/360. I see no reason to wait for ps4/next xbox either considering they won't have BC but wiiU just really doesn't have anything on ps3/360 and the only thing it will have is Nintendo first party games and the big ones are a long way off.
#15SlimeSwayzePosted 3/4/2013 12:31:38 PM
It really depends. I got the ZombiU bundle and it was absolutely worth it for me. It's obviously not for everyone, but I've been surprised by how much I like ZombiU. Horror used to be my favorite genre, but after watching it die out over the last 5 years I was just expecting ZombiU to be another fast paced action fest, but it's actually a very subtle and engrossing game that lives up to the billing of "survival horror". Beyond that, I am enjoying Nintendo Land and NSMBU (and some of the e-shop titles), and I'm looking forward to Lego City and MH3. So, it was worth it for me. If the few exclusives appeal to you, then it's likely worth it.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#16GLDanzegoPosted 3/4/2013 8:23:59 PM
Nubtiddee posted...
GLDanzego posted...
He doesn't sound like much of a friend if what he's saying causes you to run to a messageboard to complain about it. Of course, that's not addressing why you don't just tell him to shut it if that's not what you want to hear....instead running to a messageboard to complain about it.

be quiet...im trying to decide if i should get one. go sit in the corner..thanks =)

Well, there's a great solution for personal advice: tell the person to be quiet. No wonder you hang out with people who treat you like ****. Good job.
#17MathewMansonPosted 3/4/2013 8:28:15 PM
It's not playing catch up...the Wii U is a lot more powerful than the 360 and PS3...but don't expect it to compete on a technical level with PS4 and Nextbox.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#18sjc1279Posted 3/4/2013 8:33:33 PM
buy it and play some monster Hunter on HD graphics!!