Real talk: Can Wii U survive with only Nintendo support?

#1LinktoDrinkPosted 3/4/2013 9:42:43 AM
I would like to believe it can, but it worries me that it might go the way of Virtual Boy. Sales are just fine, but most developers are passing in making Wii U versions of games. Can this thing be a true success if Nintendo are the only ones making games for it?
#2YoyokuKOPosted 3/4/2013 9:49:27 AM
it could, but i'm sure other companies will try to milk it when and if it sets off.
#3TerotrousPosted 3/4/2013 9:50:38 AM
Wii U is getting versions of most upcoming games, like Assassin's Creed 4 and Watch Dogs. It's only ones that are already pretty far along that it's not getting.

And yes, it probably would survive without them, but it's not going to have to.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#4zender1999Posted 3/4/2013 9:53:05 AM
this new gen will be more like can third parties and devs survive if they dont support the wiiu?
they need the wiiu more than the wiiu needs them
#5LinktoDrink(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 9:53:13 AM
Terotrous posted...
Wii U is getting versions of most upcoming games, like Assassin's Creed 4 and Watch Dogs. It's only ones that are already pretty far along that it's not getting.

And yes, it probably would survive without them, but it's not going to have to.

But that's just Ubisoft.
#6darkqueenhelbaPosted 3/4/2013 9:57:02 AM
Well, it wouldn't be the first time...So why would this time around be any different IF it did happen?
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#7ThaPrinceRazielPosted 3/4/2013 9:58:53 AM
Not at its current pricing no. They should drop their fanbase & focus on casuals, that'll get sales going and 3rd parties churning out... games.
---
Reaver of Souls.. I have become something... Darker Than Black
#8LinktoDrink(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 9:59:10 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
Well, it wouldn't be the first time...So why would this time around be any different IF it did happen?

It's never been to this point before where EA doesn't think it's even worth porting over their sports games. The Crysis guys said they could have put out Crysis 3 on Wii U but just decided not to. That's not a good sign there.
#9JackalPosted 3/4/2013 10:01:49 AM
Not for some of us. Without 3rd party games we wouldn't really have anything to play.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#10darkqueenhelbaPosted 3/4/2013 10:03:55 AM
LinktoDrink posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...

It's never been to this point before where EA doesn't think it's even worth porting over their sports games. The Crysis guys said they could have put out Crysis 3 on Wii U but just decided not to. That's not a good sign there.

Without titles like Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Brothers Melee, etc. You can bet your sweet ass that N64/GCN would have met the same fate as the Virtual Boy. So yeah, it's happened before.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!