The Wii was the absolute worst mistake any gaming company has made in history

#101Kou-NurasakaPosted 3/5/2013 11:27:37 PM
jasten posted...
Enigma149 posted...
jasten posted...
Sure, the GC wasn't that succesful commercially, but almost everyone now looks at that console as one of Nintendo's best platforms given the amount of stellar games released for it. The Wii is the exact opposite... the gaming population now look at it as the worst Nintendo console with almost no games worthy of anything but disdain, all despite the massive commercial success.

Thing is, the only time the gaming population actually thinks this is when you remove everyone who bought a Wii from the gaming population, which, for some reason, people like you seem to do a lot.

uberking422 posted...
No, that would have added actual injury to the harmless opinions to the harmless opinions of the vocal minority.

I think you've got this backwards. You see, it's not a "harmless opinion" that the PS3 cost Sony billions of dollars. On the other hand, had the system sold poorly, that would've been relatively harmless compared to the lost money, but it still would've hurt Sony (since it would've given them a small install base, which would end up hurting them in the 8th Generation).

A lot of people bought the Wii... that does not mean they loved it. Most Wii's end up as paperweights or in many cases, an advanced Gamecube. I don't see why you conflate commercial success with ultimate success or that a short flash in the pan that has damaged their brand value to people as something that helps their long term success... course, a lot of businesses have been fudging that one up recently. All about the quick buck instead of the good buck.

Really, all of the casual players I know aren't coming back to the Wii. If Nintendo sells any Wii U's, It'll be from hardcore gamers. Casual fans probably won't see dropping money for a new system, when their perfectly good Wii isn't being used.
#102THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 3/5/2013 11:56:58 PM
Some people in here are REALLY underestimating what the Gamecube had...

It didn't sell that well BUT atleast Nintendo actually TRIED spending some money to build a strong console that put out good graphics. Also had some good 3rd party ports aswell compared to what happened with the Wii.

I rather a company go broke trying to give me a "MEGA" console than be cheap and just throw something together and slap it's name on it.

Seriously those "profits" don't mean @#$% if it's not used to make something great for me.

I ain't getting none of it whenever Sony/MS/Nintnedo reach their sales quota.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#103DanteSInferno84Posted 3/6/2013 12:34:30 AM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Some people in here are REALLY underestimating what the Gamecube had...

It didn't sell that well BUT atleast Nintendo actually TRIED spending some money to build a strong console that put out good graphics. Also had some good 3rd party ports aswell compared to what happened with the Wii.

I rather a company go broke trying to give me a "MEGA" console than be cheap and just throw something together and slap it's name on it.

Seriously those "profits" don't mean @#$% if it's not used to make something great for me.

I ain't getting none of it whenever Sony/MS/Nintnedo reach their sales quota.

Well... its a good thing people arent making consoles just for you then...