People say the Wii U will fail because it's underpowered, they are wrong.

#21blazeUP12Posted 3/4/2013 9:44:42 PM
The Wii U is currently failing because the software library is so weak. Solution? Release some great games. The fact that it's "underpowered" has nothing to do with it. If it was a powerhouse console we'd still have this awful game drought.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#22nonexistingheroPosted 3/4/2013 10:05:05 PM(edited)
spealfan444 posted...
Just look throughout gaming history, the least powerful console has most of the time, come out on top.

Master System was more powerful than NES, NES was the victor.
N64 and Saturn were more powerful than the Playstation, Playstation won.
Gamecube and Xbox were more powerful than PS2, PS2 won.
PS3 and 360 are MUCH more powerful than the Wii, Wii won.
PSP was more powerful than the DS, DS destroyed it.
PS Vita is more powerful the 3DS, 3DS is winning.

The ONLY exception to this rule was the SNES and Genesis, were the SNES was more powerful and it indeed sold more, though than may have something to do with the popularity of the original NES.

The Wii U is going to do fine.

Do some f***ing research, the SNES was not the most powerful console of that generation -__-
SNES VS Genesis was also pretty much equal by the time the next generation came out. It wasn't until after that, that SNES sales started to overtake.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#23Lefty128kPosted 3/4/2013 10:04:52 PM
spealfan444 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
spealfan444 posted...
ixoria posted...
You know what's funny on that list? PS1 and PS2 dominated Nintendo.

Wii barely got lucky cause Sony got arrogant with PS3, If Sony somehow redeem themselves in PS4. Then Nintendo can only dream of ever beating Sony again cause Sony so far has dominated Nintendo in the console wars.

I wouldn't say "dominated" because the N64 and Gamecube were still succesful systems.
You must admit though than Sony dosn't know what the hell it's doing with its handhelds though, Nintendo will always beat them in that regard.

PS1 and PS2 sold about 4x as much as their respective Nintendo counterparts.
That is domination.

PSP 76 million+ and counting. That's double the number of the N64 and GC, which you just called successful.

So, when Nintendo sells 30-40mil that's successful.
When Sony sells 76mil it "dosn't know what the hell it's doing".

I was talking about handhelds in that last statement, not the N64 or gamecube.

Yes, I know because I quoted a portion of that very sentence.

Doesn't make it any less of a double standard on your part.
#24pearl arowanaPosted 3/4/2013 10:15:58 PM
The problema with wii u is not merely underpower as those previous gen consoles.. But its so weak to the point it almost like last gen console, the ps tree and 360. Its a very sad console.
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#25Emerald_MeliosPosted 3/4/2013 10:22:12 PM
ixoria posted...

Wii barely got lucky cause Sony got arrogant with PS3, If Sony somehow redeem themselves in PS4. Then Nintendo can only dream of ever beating Sony again cause Sony so far has dominated Nintendo in the console wars.

Eh...it pretty much reinforces the point of this topic. Nintendo went for power and could not match the PS1/PS2 in terms of sales. So they tried a whole new angle with the Wii, and once more outsold the more powerful cool kids' systems. The same can be said of the DS, which not only outsold the PSP, but even outsold all its contemporary home consoles.

I foresee the 3DS utterly dominating everything as well. It has already proven to be a good purchase, which I can't say the same about Wii U, Vita, or PS4 thus far.
#26aryanbrarPosted 3/4/2013 11:36:12 PM
blazeUP12 posted...
The Wii U is currently failing because the software library is so weak. Solution? Release some great games. The fact that it's "underpowered" has nothing to do with it. If it was a powerhouse console we'd still have this awful game drought.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/nintendo-wii-u-hardware/32285.aspx?path=944f93ade51f2000bc18a0f9e1003981en01
no games alone won't save it, the price needs to be lowered period. if it was 50 to 100 less i would have a wii u by now.
#27Cloud75xPosted 3/5/2013 12:13:09 AM
spealfan444 posted...
Just look throughout gaming history, the least powerful console has most of the time, come out on top.

Master System was more powerful than NES, NES was the victor.
N64 and Saturn were more powerful than the Playstation, Playstation won.
Gamecube and Xbox were more powerful than PS2, PS2 won.
PS3 and 360 are MUCH more powerful than the Wii, Wii won.
PSP was more powerful than the DS, DS destroyed it.
PS Vita is more powerful the 3DS, 3DS is winning.

The ONLY exception to this rule was the SNES and Genesis, were the SNES was more powerful and it indeed sold more, though than may have something to do with the popularity of the original NES.

The Wii U is going to do fine.

1.) nintendo had all the gaming industries licensed to its systems due to the gaming stock market crash in the late 80s. Therefore, the SNES, GB, and NES were pumping out games so fast that they had to put a limit on yearly production. But makers found a way around it by labeling their games with a second make title. (Example: Ultra and Koonami are the same)

2.) That is true... but it didnt help that sega was pumping out a new "system" every year in the early 90s either. First the CD, then the 32x, then the saturn. Then 2yrs after that they started building the dreamcast. The N64 on the otherhand was delayed 50 billion times then when the very limited space, and very expensive to make, route of making a cartridge.

3.) thats because xbox was late to the party and the GCN had an inferior disc drive.

4.) lol... keep dreaming

5.) true, it had more options and better promotions (like special editions DS's) and sony did nothing but offer an expensive item with rehashed PSX games.

6.) The route they took with the vita was their failure. Glad to see they are not making that mistake with the PS3 or PS4.

7.) the wii U is not fine. It has barely sold 100,000 units this year and the 1st quarter is almost over. Not only that it isn't even 6 months old and already around the world the wii U is getting price drops. THAT IS BAD NEWS
---
"That which does not become part of the one, shall become one with the void."
#28mjc0961Posted 3/5/2013 2:03:56 AM
ixoria posted...

Sony wins - 2 (PS1, PS2)
Nintendo wins - 2 (Wii, DS), plus they're currently winning against the Vita.

A tie =/= Nintendo being dominated.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#29IRELANDforeverPosted 3/5/2013 3:21:14 AM
Dreamcast was much more powerful than PS2. As a pround owner of both I can honestly say the PS2 was the best console ever made!!!
Best games ever produced.
---
Facebook is the enemy. Many of you will not understand this.......but in time.....you will
R.I.P. Adam "MCA" Yauch - May 4, 2012
#30Traptin3daysPosted 3/5/2013 3:32:25 AM
Cloud75x posted...
7.) the wii U is not fine. It has barely sold 100,000 units this year and the 1st quarter is almost over. Not only that it isn't even 6 months old and already around the world the wii U is getting price drops. THAT IS BAD NEWS

So I guess it was bad that 3DS got an early price drop, it's probably dead by now huh?

pearl arowana posted...
the ps tree

Where can I buy that thing? :O

I would buy a WiiU if it was a little bit cheaper and had more games. I think those two problems will be solved eventually. I'm still more interested in WiiU than PS4. But it will be interesting to see what Microsoft is doing.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D