Wii u won't sell til we get a $200 price drop

#1SexPantherPandaPosted 3/4/2013 9:16:12 PM
Even the 3ds couldn't sell at full price what makes nintendo think that they could sell the wii u at such outrages prices especially with the console only having old ports at $60. I own a wii u and rarely use it I want a price drop so people will buy it and devs will have a reason to make games. Im just happy that I own every other console it would be unfortunate to only own a wii u
#2The_King82Posted 3/5/2013 5:01:23 AM
To the top.
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!
#3GensokyoPosted 3/5/2013 5:23:43 AM(edited)
Because of the early price drop of the 3DS, Nintendo can't lower the price of the Wii U this early without ruining consumer trust. I'm sure Nintendo is well aware of this, which is why I doubt we will see a price drop for the Wii U for a long time, even if Nintendo were to realize they put too high of a price tag on it from the start.
#4KAMMYqueenPosted 3/5/2013 5:37:24 AM
SexPantherPanda posted...
Even the 3ds couldn't sell at full price what makes nintendo think that they could sell the wii u at such outrages prices especially with the console only having old ports at $60. I own a wii u and rarely use it I want a price drop so people will buy it and devs will have a reason to make games. Im just happy that I own every other console it would be unfortunate to only own a wii u

buys a system at launch whine about not much to play
---
KAMMY KOOPA is the final hope for Nintendo!
#5Darkside_ShadowPosted 3/5/2013 5:45:54 AM
There is honestly no reason to get a Wii U right now.
Xbox 360 and Ps3 is half the price. And has tons of games.

Im only thinking about getting a Wii U because of NSMBWU. And that can wait.

---
I learned everything I needed to know about human behavior from Battlefield 1942. On an aircarft carrier just outside Wake Island. TK!
#6rockyminPosted 3/5/2013 6:01:08 AM
Gensokyo posted...
Because of the early price drop of the 3DS, Nintendo can't lower the price of the Wii U this early without ruining consumer trust. I'm sure Nintendo is well aware of this, which is why I doubt we will see a price drop for the Wii U for a long time, even if Nintendo were to realize they put too high of a price tag on it from the start.

Perhaps that's why the WiiU isn't selling so well right now. Consumers may be holding out for Nintendo to drop the price like they did with the 3DS. The consumer trust could already be ruined.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#7uneedtowakeupPosted 3/5/2013 6:04:56 AM
The price isn the problem.

Its because nobody wants the wii u

.....it sucks and was a terrible idea in the first place.

everyone has an ipad. The controller/screen doesn't excite anyone to go out and buy a wii u.
#8DanteSInferno84Posted 3/5/2013 6:09:38 AM
uneedtowakeup posted...
The price isn the problem.

Its because nobody wants the wii u

.....it sucks and was a terrible idea in the first place.

everyone has an ipad. The controller/screen doesn't excite anyone to go out and buy a wii u.

Obviously spoken as someone who has NOT properly played with the gamepad.

And the Wii U is really suffering what hurt the 3DS in the first place: We have next to NO offerings to play on it. It was like depending on the DS library to carry the 3DS at launch... it didnt work. And ports won't work in this case either, because we've all played the games before and already own them.

The price is really the least of the issues facing the Wii U, the shallow and non-existant library of games is by far the biggest problem.
#9uneedtowakeupPosted 3/5/2013 6:17:35 AM
"Obviously spoken as someone who has NOT properly played with the gamepad.

The price is really the least of the issues facing the Wii U, the shallow and non-existant library of games is by far the biggest problem."

You're correct on both accounts.

I still stand by my statement. The console/controller is not enticing, and there is a reason its the first Nintendo console i have ever not been even a tad excited about.

I don't think it does anything new for any good reasons.

Better games will help of course...so we will see.
#10PigfartsPosted 3/5/2013 7:00:22 AM
KAMMYqueen posted...
SexPantherPanda posted...

buys a system at launch whine about not much to play

keep thinking its just a launch slump. There arn't many good games for the wii U that aren't ports. You don't seem to realize this.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.