If Nintendo had made a powerful system in 7th gen, how well would it have sold?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. If Nintendo had made a powerful system in 7th gen, how well would it have sold?
3 years ago#1
NES: 62 million
SNES: 49 million
N64: 33 million
GC: 22 million
3 years ago#2
Probably a little more, actually. But in the long run I think it would end up selling less.
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
3 years ago#3
MathewManson posted...
Probably a little more, actually. But in the long run I think it would end up selling less.

Can you elaborate on why?
3 years ago#4
Worse, because it would've been more expensive. Plus, if they don't have their games ready now, I don't imagine they would have had their games ready for launch just because the system was more powerful. That's not really how that works.
3 years ago#5
Bump. I want the "Wii was a mistake" people to weigh in on this.
3 years ago#6
Powerful system + motion control hype? Pretty well.
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
3 years ago#7
Tsutarja495 posted...
N64: 33 million

No optical drive and lack of 2D games killed it.

Tsutarja495 posted...
GC: 22 million

Late to the party, non-standard optical drive, and burned bridges with 3rd party developers.
PSN: Fusion916
3 years ago#8
They could have released a more powerful console and stuck with Wii Remote+ in every box, so they wouldnt have to make a new controller. Along with the Pro controller thats available now. Wii Sports 2 in every box. I think that would have been a solid plan.
3 years ago#9
oops, misread the title.
3 years ago#10
Tsutarja495 posted...
MathewManson posted...

Can you elaborate on why?

Well when people first hear about "next-gen" they instantly flock to logic about power. Meaning more people would have payed interest at first. I think in the long-run like with the GC, people realise that if power is what they want, they'll flock elsewhere. Nintendo wasn't going to release another GC.
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. If Nintendo had made a powerful system in 7th gen, how well would it have sold?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived