Virtual Console - Nes games prices

#21monsterlunchboxPosted 3/5/2013 1:10:58 PM
If I bought a nintendo game then I should be entitled to play it on every system I own at no additional cost. Why does Nintendo try to charge me when I want to play the game I already bought? After I initially buy the cartridge, it should be free to play on all my systems since I already own it.
#22darkjedilinkPosted 3/5/2013 1:12:34 PM
monsterlunchbox posted...
If I bought a nintendo game then I should be entitled to play it on every system I own at no additional cost. Why does Nintendo try to charge me when I want to play the game I already bought? After I initially buy the cartridge, it should be free to play on all my systems since I already own it.

Uhhh, not really, since that cartridge only fits one system.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#23tizzywilkillyouPosted 3/5/2013 1:13:52 PM
strongo9 posted...
I that all VC game prices are too high. N64 games are $10 right now. Does Nintendo really think that they could sell GC games for more than that?

Yeah... it's a little too high. GC games should top out at $10-12 probably with everything else prior being less and less. But if they do GC VC it'll probably be at least $15. :(
#24rudgerlightPosted 3/5/2013 1:23:56 PM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
And why the hell do they still charge tax on eShop money when digital products on other consoles don't?

Because Nintendo is a stickler for following the law. The horror.

I doubt Nintendo has any interest in being sued or legislated against over something which is clearly illegal and avoidable.

Which consoles don't charge tax? They may not be telling you that part of your charge is going to taxes, but that's not the same thing. Amazon avoids taxes, but those days are coming to an end as legislators keep fighting them on this. Why would you willingly enter that fight?
#25BurgerTime79Posted 3/5/2013 1:35:26 PM
Show us a place where you can buy these games brand new at retail for cheaper, and you can continue with your "They're too expensive!" complaints.
Emulation, thrift stores and yard sales don't dictate what the price of these games should be.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#26Baha05Posted 3/5/2013 1:36:18 PM
Prices are fine considering the alternatives.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#27MewtwoExPosted 3/5/2013 1:39:48 PM
Nes games are 5 dollars, except for the imported games from Japan, those are $6
Snes games are $8, and imported Snes are $9
---
http://dunzi.wippiespace.com/pics/trollin-hatin.jpg
#28monsterlunchboxPosted 3/5/2013 2:19:32 PM
If I buy a game I am entitled to play it on every damn system I currently own or will ever own, at no additional cost to me.
#29AwayFromHerePosted 3/5/2013 2:22:52 PM

Most PS1 games are $6.

PS1 Japanese Imports are $6.

Some PS1 games, mostly the multiple disc games are $10.

Most PS2 games are $10. Only San Andreas has gone over that at $15.

There is no reason it should cost $5 for an NES game, but that hasn't stopped me from buying a few dozen...
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#30darkjedilinkPosted 3/5/2013 2:48:19 PM
AwayFromHere posted...

Most PS1 games are $6.

PS1 Japanese Imports are $6.

Some PS1 games, mostly the multiple disc games are $10.

Most PS2 games are $10. Only San Andreas has gone over that at $15.

There is no reason it should cost $5 for an NES game, but that hasn't stopped me from buying a few dozen...

And you can't play any of those games on PS4.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie