Virtual Console and how it can breathe life into the Wii U

#1Neopiate13Posted 3/5/2013 10:17:43 AM
Like many people on this board I bought a Wii U at launch. After a few months I began to feel cheated by the lack of games that appeal to me. Slowly but surely my Wii U began to collect dust. I sold my xbox 360 and all it's games to get a PS3. Just to play a few exclusive games. Something happened though. I watched a video on youtube that made me remember all the fun games nintendo has provided over the years. I'll post that link at the bottom of the post. In this thread I would like you to list the ONE game nintendo could GIVE you that would be an acceptable apology.

tl;dr nintendo sorry, free classic game make it better? (They aren't doing this, but this would stop the naysayers and remind everyone why nintendo owns your childhood)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73n7HTcmb5g

I dare you not to watch this video. After seeing this I nostalgia'd so hard I regretted ever trading in my super nintendo.
#2AwayFromHerePosted 3/5/2013 10:31:03 AM
No.

Classic games don't appeal to most gamers.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3VashXPosted 3/5/2013 10:38:04 AM
Too many annoying kids are now turning into annoying adult gamers. The age of the gamers who loved and appreciated older games is coming to an end.

It sucks. -_-
---
3DS friend code: 2105-8909-8037
PSN: Gdawgtuk - XBLive: Gdawgtuk & R0ff13
#4AwayFromHerePosted 3/5/2013 10:39:57 AM
Too many annoying kids are now turning into annoying adult gamers. The age of the gamers who loved and appreciated older games is coming to an end.

It sucks. -_-

No, people love the games they grew up with.
---
#5Neopiate13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 10:40:43 AM
umm, aren't most gamers in the 18-25 year old range? doesn't that make super nintendo the most likely of consoles to be reminiscent of their childhood? if either of the answers to these questions are no then you are too young to be "playing the internet" go get an adult and let them know it's not safe for you to browse the internet alone. if your saying that the core gamers can't remember their roots, i'm sorry, you're wrong.
#6SlimeSwayzePosted 3/5/2013 10:42:15 AM
I know that the VC definitely helped me through the post launch drought for the Wii. The Wii U VC won't have the same appeal since I won't be repurchasing any of those games, but new additions, including GCN games, would really make all the difference right now. The fact that the VC is not up and running, for me, is the primary indicator that Nintendo rushed the Wii U launch. It is a service that should have been ready to go from day one.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#7AwayFromHerePosted 3/5/2013 10:43:20 AM
umm, aren't most gamers in the 18-25 year old range? doesn't that make super nintendo the most likely of consoles to be reminiscent of their childhood? if either of the answers to these questions are no then you are too young to be "playing the internet" go get an adult and let them know it's not safe for you to browse the internet alone. if your saying that the core gamers can't remember their roots, i'm sorry, you're wrong.

Most 18-25 year olds don't game on consoles anymore. The main gaming platform of choice for them is iphone.
---
#8VashXPosted 3/5/2013 10:45:06 AM
Neopiate13 posted...

I'm saying it is getting near the time that the new generation of gamers is looking back at the original Halo the same way many of us look back at the Nintendo. Many kids that grew up with the original Nintendo and Sega Genesis are nearing their 30's now, like myself. With that said, it is apparent that the window of opportunity to bank off of the older 16-bit era seems to be closing.
---
3DS friend code: 2105-8909-8037
PSN: Gdawgtuk - XBLive: Gdawgtuk & R0ff13
#9justsitquietlyPosted 3/5/2013 4:57:26 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
No.

Classic games don't appeal to most gamers.

WRONG.

Retro games are a huge business and i posted a topic about the VC a few hours ago...
your logic is deeply flawed.
---
A signature goes here. Want to know what a sig says about you? It shows u have some class, some smarts, and u read too far to see this so this is 10seconds gone
#10Tsutarja495Posted 3/5/2013 5:03:19 PM
I care a lot more about the VC this time around. On the Wii, it was pretty pointless to me since I still have all my old systems. But on the Wii U, they will feature save states and Off TV Play. I will actually use it this time around, particularly on the really old games that didn't allow you to save.