It's a shame that the Wii U hasn't got Tomb Raider.

#11VanderZooPosted 3/5/2013 11:50:01 PM
Terotrous posted...
VanderZoo posted...
lol, disgust is a strong word, I'm not disgusted by it, but the gore is pretty full on.

It's not just the gore, it's the combination of sexuality plus gore that I find especially deplorable.

What sexuality?
#12FFXIgaiaknightPosted 3/5/2013 11:52:04 PM
I agree TC the game is fantastic especially on max settings on PC :). While im enjoying it i understand why SE didnt want to do a port.
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#13TerotrousPosted 3/5/2013 11:54:20 PM(edited)
VanderZoo posted...
What sexuality?

Lara Croft's decades-long history as gaming's #1 most heavily objectified sex symbol?

It's not like that's really being changed either, people still constantly comment on how hot she is. And now you get to see her die in all kinds of graphic ways!

The fact that there are people who will no doubt be aroused by some of this stuff sickens me in a way that no degree of good gameplay could ever compensate for (though the game looks like it's largely memorization and quicktime anyway).
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#14FFXIgaiaknightPosted 3/5/2013 11:59:59 PM(edited)
Terotrous posted...
VanderZoo posted...
What sexuality?

Lara Croft's decades-long history as gaming's #1 most heavily objectified sex symbol?

It's not like that's really being changed either, people still constantly comment on how hot she is. And now you get to see her die in all kinds of graphic ways!

The fact that there are people who will no doubt be aroused by some of this stuff sickens me in a way that no degree of good gameplay could ever compensate for (though the game looks like it's largely memorization and quicktime anyway).

this game does everything in its power to make her look unattractive. Also outside of the beginning of the game there isnt many QTE unless ya screw up a jump then ya got hit a button to recover.
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#15Chocobo115Posted 3/6/2013 12:01:05 AM
Not really, I would still get it on PS3...
#16boogerwooger_2Posted 3/6/2013 12:01:19 AM
The problem is, most developers do not want to utilize the Gamepad as a simple mini map/inventory screen because it would downplay their skills as developers, and if enough developers utilize the Gamepad as a simple map/inventory, it will 1. Downplay their skills as developers, and 2. Make the Gamepad obselete.
#17MarioGalaxy2Posted 3/6/2013 12:27:47 AM
boogerwooger_2 posted...
The problem is, most developers do not want to utilize the Gamepad as a simple mini map/inventory screen because it would downplay their skills as developers, and if enough developers utilize the Gamepad as a simple map/inventory, it will 1. Downplay their skills as developers, and 2. Make the Gamepad obselete.

Why don't you use the Tablet to shoot arrows like Nintendo Land along with the usual features of the Gamepad.

Isn't the bow Tomb Raiders best weapon? Why not make it more accurate and make you feel like Laura.

I mean archery has been great with in Zelda and Wii Sports. So we know it's pretty fun, plus a nice way to view surroundings.

I gave a working idea, in a minuite. I wish developers will stop using the controller excuse, just say you don't have the resources or a big enough install base on the console.
---
My Fan Made Starter Pokemon www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKoeZ8z98Bo
#18boogerwooger_2Posted 3/6/2013 12:45:55 AM
MarioGalaxy2 posted...
boogerwooger_2 posted...

Why don't you use the Tablet to shoot arrows like Nintendo Land along with the usual features of the Gamepad.

Isn't the bow Tomb Raiders best weapon? Why not make it more accurate and make you feel like Laura.

I mean archery has been great with in Zelda and Wii Sports. So we know it's pretty fun, plus a nice way to view surroundings.

I gave a working idea, in a minuite. I wish developers will stop using the controller excuse, just say you don't have the resources or a big enough install base on the console.

Absolutey right in everything you said, only problem is, the developers are lazy, and god forbid they release a BETTER port for the Wii U.....360 and PS3 fanboys would have a conniption.(sp?)

I own all current gen consoles and a Wii U and just shop around for multiplatform titles that are better.

I'm sure you guys remember the Bayonetta on 360 fiasco.
#19VanderZooPosted 3/6/2013 12:53:30 AM
Terotrous posted...
VanderZoo posted...
What sexuality?

I don't see any sexuality here, if people interpret it that way, that's them, it's got nothing to do with the game. Lara is still attractive, as she should be, but she's a not sex symbol in the shallow superficial way that she was.
#20StarBladeEdgePosted 3/6/2013 1:06:40 AM
why it isn't that good after all. it's only good , nothing great what i hear about it......
---
Your profile information is displayed to the public, and contains offensive or illegal material ! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123