It's a shame that the Wii U hasn't got Tomb Raider.

#131SlimeSwayzePosted 3/6/2013 1:08:47 PM
Doukou posted...
Terotrous posted...
Doukou posted...
Dead Space
Mortal Kombat
Farcry 3

And the example of me praising these games is where?

I've actually been a detractor of Mortal Kombat (and the concept of using gore to sell games) since the first game came out 20 years ago.

Wtf, how am I suppose to know every game you enjoy.
I'm done, this is retarded.

Well, he thinks he knows what everyone else enjoys and why they enjoy it and whether they are right or wrong for enjoying it, so maybe he assumes everyone else shares that delusion. I'm getting a real sense of repression and narcissism from this fellow, and I'm thinking the best thing to do at this point it just to back off and move on from this topic altogether.

Seriously though, Tomb Raider is a really good game. Those of you who have the opportunity to play it absolutely should, on whatever console or system you prefer.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#132TerotrousPosted 3/6/2013 1:09:15 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
You're also comparing Lara Croft to a minotaur, which is honestly disturbing, and brings me back to what I said earlier, which was

It's probably not a good comparison. They don't spend nearly as much time brutalizing the minotaur.

Doukou posted...
Wtf, how am I suppose to know every game you enjoy.
I'm done, this is retarded.

Lol, if you're going to accuse me of holding an inconsistent opinion you should at least pretend you know something about me.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#133TerotrousPosted 3/6/2013 1:17:56 PM(edited)
Jackal posted...
Lara has been brutalized and even does the brutalizing in every TR game that has existed. So has Chun Li, she is in a fighting game after all

There's obviously a matter of degree. In none of those games was the violence anywhere near that graphic. Chun-Li doesn't even bleed in most of the games, and after being beaten she gets right back up.

Also in all of those other games, your character getting graphically injured is at least avoidable if you play the game well.

Lara is a fictional character in a game on an island where men are trying to kill her. They aren't using water backpacks. They are using guns. She's not butt-bouncing on rocks. She's being crushed by them. This game is meant to mimic a more real survival event than Mario or Metroid.

Sure, that's fine. There's still no need for that level of graphic brutality.

If you feel so strongly about it then go and speak your mind in places where people that can really hear you like the Crystal Dynamics site. Square-Enix. Some game site or magazine that may publish your views. Their Facebook and Twitter pages. Let them hear you. None of those people can that can read you comments over here.

Nah, the truth is, as I already mentioned, that the developers of this game want the controversy. Look at how many people want to buy it specifically because it's so obscene. And you're not going to get them to change that behaviour. At best, you might be able to find someone who does like this stuff and convince them that "you know, this really is pretty disgusting".

SlimeSwayze posted...
I'm getting a real sense of repression and narcissism from this fellow

Wouldn't this fall under your rules about "projecting"? Accusing someone else of having a specific trait based on something that you merely read?

I guess we know who the real repressed narcissist is. Or at least we found someone who has inconsistent beliefs.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
#134DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/6/2013 1:22:26 PM(edited)
Quote:Doukou posted...
People put nude codes into Brawl

DesperateMonkey posted...
I have nude mod for sf4 and lineage 2

For the men or women?

@_Falstaff

Well they are individual skins for sf4. I just have the ones for chun li and cammy. But i assume there are ones for guys as well.

Lineage i think it was just the women. Cant remember. But I'm pretty sure no one had genitals.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#135SlimeSwayzePosted 3/6/2013 1:19:49 PM
Terotrous posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
You're also comparing Lara Croft to a minotaur, which is honestly disturbing, and brings me back to what I said earlier, which was

It's probably not a good comparison. They don't spend nearly as much time brutalizing the minotaur.

If that's the difference you see, then that is hands down the scariest thing you've posted yet.

Terotrous posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
I'm getting a real sense of repression and narcissism from this fellow

Wouldn't this fall under your rules about "projecting"? Accusing someone else of having a specific trait based on something that you merely read?

I guess we know who the real repressed narcissist is. Or at least we found someone who has inconsistent beliefs.

No. You're making vast generalizations about entire groups of people based on things you've read that in no way represent the public's perceptions and views at large. I'm making a very specific observation about you, based on things you yourself have posted.
---
#136DarkAdonis123Posted 3/6/2013 1:19:49 PM
The new tomb raider is very good. But as usual on this board, if its not on the Wii U it sucks.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#137Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 3/6/2013 1:25:19 PM
I'm a tool. I like to wear skirts.
---
The Jersey Guy
#138TerotrousPosted 3/6/2013 1:28:02 PM(edited)
SlimeSwayze posted...
No. You're making vast generalizations about entire groups of people based on things you've read that in no way represent the public's perceptions and views at large. I'm making a very specific observation about you, based on things you yourself have posted.

No, you're doing the exact same thing. You're attempting to extrapolate something about my subconscious from something that I posted. You haven't met me, so the only way you could do this is if you believe that this generalization holds true for everyone.

Oh, and your statement that "I believe people who can enjoy a game like this are the most normal ones" is obviously a broad, sweeping generalization as well.

But hey, I guess it's okay to generalize without any hard evidence when it fits what you believe, huh?
---
#139DesperateMonkeyPosted 3/6/2013 1:31:10 PM
Seriously this topic is a great advertisement for tomb raider. All this talk about brutalizing just makes me want the game more.

Also this argument is pretty stupid. I have known people from all walks of life who enjoy movies like saw. This really says nothing new about society but this topic does say a lot about gnik.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#140SlimeSwayzePosted 3/6/2013 1:34:21 PM
No one is trying to extrapolate anything from your subconscious, Terotrous. For better or worse, you've made it pretty clear that you think you can speak for everyone else when it comes to what they like and why they like it, since that's pretty much all you've been doing throughout this topic.

And you are right, I did make a generalization earlier. But boy, you sure seem to fit that generalization. And in the meantime, in all the good reviews and positive things I've seen about Tomb Raider, I've yet to see much of anyone who fits your generalization that people only enjoy the game because Lara is brutalized, and they somehow get off on it.
---