It's a shame that the Wii U hasn't got Tomb Raider.

#21darkness1018Posted 3/6/2013 1:18:11 AM
StarBladeEdge posted...
why it isn't that good after all. it's only good , nothing great what i hear about it......

Then you are hearing wrong cause the game is great.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#22zender1999Posted 3/6/2013 1:24:12 AM
tomb raider on ps3
internet connection required to play
must sign in psn before playing the game
1 ps3 only for 24 hours, cant play it on 2 different ps3

digital version
lol

i hope it fails
#23MathewMansonPosted 3/6/2013 1:25:48 AM
I agree. I would have bought it.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#24JackalPosted 3/6/2013 2:40:36 AM(edited)
zender1999 posted...
tomb raider on ps3

It's also on the 360 and PC.

internet connection required to play

How else are you going to play MP, access the store for downloads and sign up to or into your SE account? It's not required for single player.

must sign in psn before playing the game

There is a 1.01 update as soon as you put the game in but you DO NOT have to download it. You can choose "No" and start playing the game. If you are signed into the PSN service then the notification for the update appears. The update IS required to access online features.

1 ps3 only for 24 hours, cant play it on 2 different ps3

Why would I even be trying to?

digital version
lol

That's odd. I could have sworn that my version is on a disc? Maybe I'm wrong but this flat, round shiny thing that I slide into the slot was a disc, right? Does the Wii U and 360 NOT have digital versions of games?
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#25YamiYugi4400Posted 3/6/2013 2:58:39 AM
Terotrous posted...
VanderZoo posted...
What sexuality?

Lara Croft's decades-long history as gaming's #1 most heavily objectified sex symbol?

It's not like that's really being changed either, people still constantly comment on how hot she is. And now you get to see her die in all kinds of graphic ways!

The fact that there are people who will no doubt be aroused by some of this stuff sickens me in a way that no degree of good gameplay could ever compensate for (though the game looks like it's largely memorization and quicktime anyway).

Ugh, the feminists are out
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#26Lefty128kPosted 3/6/2013 3:49:30 AM
Terotrous posted...
VanderZoo posted...
What sexuality?

Lara Croft's decades-long history as gaming's #1 most heavily objectified sex symbol?

It's not like that's really being changed either, people still constantly comment on how hot she is. And now you get to see her die in all kinds of graphic ways!

The fact that there are people who will no doubt be aroused by some of this stuff sickens me in a way that no degree of good gameplay could ever compensate for (though the game looks like it's largely memorization and quicktime anyway).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
#27Honey-BoyPosted 3/6/2013 3:55:33 AM
i wouldve loved to have the new TR on wiiu.

a bonus costume to have lara wear samus' zero suit wouldve been worth the price of admission alone...
---
~choose death~
#28knob1701Posted 3/6/2013 4:54:14 AM
Yes it is too bad. I really want to play this game. Could have been a big seller for WiiU owners.
#29TerotrousPosted 3/6/2013 7:35:21 AM(edited)
VanderZoo posted...
I don't see any sexuality here, if people interpret it that way, that's them, it's got nothing to do with the game. Lara is still attractive, as she should be, but she's a not sex symbol in the shallow superficial way that she was.

In some sense I think it's impossible not to, based on her history. There's no question that her status as a sex symbol was acknowledged and actively promoted in the past. You can't really make a game involving her without that being a factor to some degree, it's simply too heavily embedded in her character.

YamiYugi4400 posted...
Ugh, the feminists are out

I don't think that statement is feminist (there are certainly loads of other complaints feminists could have about Lara Croft and every game she stars in). The notion that it's sick for people to get enjoyment out of watching people be tortured and killed in graphic ways seems pretty universal. Using a sex symbol character for this purpose just makes it even more disturbing.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more people who consider there to be pretty disgusting because it was certainly brought up a fair bit when the game was first shown at E3, and it's not as though they've toned it down any since then.

But yeah, I have to say, this is one game I am actively glad is not on Wii U. If Wii U owners can't play it, they're better for it.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#30muggyPosted 3/6/2013 7:43:29 AM
Terotrous posted...
VanderZoo posted...
lol, disgust is a strong word, I'm not disgusted by it, but the gore is pretty full on.

It's not just the gore, it's the combination of sexuality plus gore that I find especially deplorable.

It's that good? I was going to wait to find it used but I have to get it today to check this out.