Nintendo's Miyamoto discusses Wii U's future dual GamePad and NFC support

#31Board_hunter567Posted 3/5/2013 9:00:53 PM(edited)
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Dual gamepads will just push the system too hard, and Nintendo knows it. Streaming to three screens is just too much for the U.

I think NFC could be a big money maker though. But like everything else about Wii U, it obviously wasnt ready yet.

It's not that big a deal. As someone explained earlier (in another thread) the Gamepad constantly streams at 60fps. When two pads are used simultaneously the FPS drops to 30 as it streams frame-by-frame. So instead of frame1 and frame2 both going to one, frame1 would go to controller 1 and frame2 would go to controller 2.

I think what he's saying is that, depending on the game, the Wii U will have to render three different scenes.

TheBonfini posted...
Ummmm I do know what they are prioritizing. It says they are prioritizing the NFC capability over multiplayer with the Gamepad.

It came across to me that they're focusing efforts on finding a good use for NFC. Obviously, this doesn't mean they're going to halt all operations just to meet this goal.
You appear to be reading too much into it, especially if you find it "scary." If you think this is "scary" then you'll find the PS4 and Xbox 8 downright terrifying.
#32selfdeztructionPosted 3/6/2013 3:27:15 AM
I think that it's easy for the Wii U to support multiple gamepad multiplayer with 2-4 gamepads.

The reason being that the gamepads are smaller than tv screens and could easily run games that have a 2-4 player splitscreen option.

5 player (4 on the tv,1 on the gamepad) Nintendo Land matches on my 59" tv (I'll round it off to 60" for easier calculations) is actually supporting 4 15" screens and 1 5" gamepad screen and it does this without any degradation to the visuals,audio or performance quality.

I don't think that any multiple gamepad multiplayer mode will have any negative effect on performance because it is easier for the Wii U (or any system) to render 2-4 5" screens (a maximum display size of only 20") than it is to support a mix of gamepad and tv multiplayer modes.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer