POLL: Which Nintendo series deserves to get the same attention as The Big 4?

#31P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/6/2013 5:22:25 AM
Traptin3days posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
Kirby is slowly being ruined by being marketed to kids (Yarn) and Yoshi looks to be going that way too.

Hasn't those games always been made for kids in particular? :s

Yes, Kirby has always been created as a game that anybody can pick up and play, and even complete with little skill. There is a deeper side to it if you look for it but it's main goal is to be nice. The Donkey Kong games are quite the opposite and the Mario games normally start out nice but get Nintendo Hard as you progress. Zelda is not meant to be pick up and play at all. Pokemon, I think, eases you into it but requires that you actually take your time and try to get better, lest you get you taint handed to you.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#32DBeanPosted 3/6/2013 5:27:14 AM
Metroid is in no way part of Nintendo's Big 4. It's Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and either Donkey Kong or Kirby games joining the mix at times.

I obviously went with Kirby since his games usually provide either a new experience or just a straight up fun platforming adventure.
#33MadDewgPosted 3/6/2013 5:38:24 AM
I voted other for star tropics. That series has so much friggin' potential to be something great if nintendo kept on making those games. Probably would have been more popular if star tropics 1 and 2 released in japan or something.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, fire emblem awakening, one piece pirate warriors, borderlands 2, rogue galaxy, fire emblem radiant dawn, dust:
#34Oni_TaedoPosted 3/6/2013 5:45:45 AM
MadDewg posted...
I voted other for star tropics. That series has so much friggin' potential to be something great if nintendo kept on making those games. Probably would have been more popular if star tropics 1 and 2 released in japan or something.

Why are the best things in life always obscure?
I would love it if Nintendo made a new Star Tropics, with a huge, immersive world, deep combat, amazing dungeons, and killer boss fights. I actually think, that they could totally have Ubisoft help with it, make it sort of like Ni no Kuni meets Assassin`s Creed meets Zelda meets Indiana Jones. A light-hearted tale that has some bad ass acrobatics and combat, an ancient evil villain, and Harrison Ford?

YES PLEASE!
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#35Jack_the_monke7Posted 3/6/2013 7:00:42 AM
Kirby and Donkey Kong are both way mode consistant and successful than Metroid. Wario might be too.
#36the_cajun88Posted 3/6/2013 7:12:20 AM
It's the Big 3 (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon); idk where this 'Big 4' came from.

^This.

Also, I vote Kirby.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#37IngSlayerPosted 3/6/2013 7:16:09 AM
Not Fire Emblem.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#38DTY3Posted 3/6/2013 7:18:31 AM
liveman789 posted...
Naruto posted...
Seems like Metroid is the odd one in this four...

Metroid has been getting some rather consistent attention since it's revival with the Prime series. More than any of the other series listed in the poll, at least.

Um, Fire Emblem?

They kinda have 13 games.

Yknow.
2 NES
3 SNES
1 GC
1 Wii
3 GBA
2 DS
1 3DS

Hell FE Thracia 776 came out on the SNES in 2000! I really dont think Metroid is getting quite as much attention.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#39Wekos1187Posted 3/6/2013 7:32:28 AM
I think why metroid is in there is because during the GameCube era Nintendo made a big deal of its big three with them being Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, and Zelda Wind Waker.
#40GoldenJoe24Posted 3/6/2013 7:43:59 AM
As much as I love Metroid, it is not in the same standing as Zelda, much less Mario and Pokemon. We haven't even gotten a game since Prime 3 (that second Wii game never happened shut up shut up shut up). Kirby is way closer to a number four spot than Metroid.

That said, Kid Icarus. That 3DS game blew the doors wide open. It pretty much gave us a better version of Zelda's combat, and rendered Star Fox completely obsolete. It has one of the best settings of any of their franchises, and the characters are varied and well done. There is a ton of potential to explore in that franchise. Unfortunately, without Sakurai at the helm, the should probably leave it alone.