Will we get an UNCENSORED Manhunt this time around, considering.....

#1boogerwooger_2Posted 3/6/2013 12:29:57 AM
....Nintendo has taken a more serious approach to hardcore gamers?

I beat Manhunt for PS2.

I was forced to download an uncensored version of Manhunt 2 for the Wii, just to play it as Rockstar intended, but I never beat it, so if the series is over, please forgive me, but NO SPOILERS PLEASE.

Also, what do you think of another Manhunt for Wii U?

I would LOVE ONE, even a HD remake of Manhunt 2 would be a day one purchase for me.
#2Thunderbird8Posted 3/6/2013 12:44:55 AM
Manhunt 2 was censored for all systems, not just the Wii. This is because the ESRB initially gave it an AO rating, and none of the console makers will allow an AO game to be published on their system (and aside from that, most retailers refuse to carry AO games).

There were about 4 years between the release of the first two games. It's been 5 years since the second game, with no indication of another one coming, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
#3boogerwooger_2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 12:54:08 AM
Thunderbird8 posted...
Manhunt 2 was censored for all systems, not just the Wii. This is because the ESRB initially gave it an AO rating, and none of the console makers will allow an AO game to be published on their system (and aside from that, most retailers refuse to carry AO games).

There were about 4 years between the release of the first two games. It's been 5 years since the second game, with no indication of another one coming, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

That sucks, considering Manhunt was the EPITOME of a M rated game, aside from GTA and Saints Row.(Both are AMAZING games btw)

Now without spoiling anything, did Manhunt 2 leave room for a sequel?

Does anyone know if they plan on making a third installment??

If R* would take the time to make a Manhunt 3, and make an online component, if done right, would blow the socks off of the hardcore audience.

Just IMAGINE the screenshots uploaded to the Manhunt 3 MiiVerse!!!!
#4NerdstickPosted 3/6/2013 1:25:43 AM
If it's any consolation, patches for the PSP/PS2 versions aside, there was an official uncensored (AO) Manhunt 2 release for the PC.

But don't console manufacturers refuse to even license AO games on their systems, difficulty in retailing aside?
#5kdognumba1Posted 3/6/2013 1:38:20 AM
Manhunt 2 got the AO rating because of the motion controls on the Wii version however the AO rating was for all versions. With that said, I doubt R* will make a new one. I'd be completely shocked if we saw one in this new generation and even more shocked if we saw one on the Wii U.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#6ixoriaPosted 3/6/2013 2:06:48 AM
Nintendo fans don't get it, getting 1 or 2 games of hardcore games doesn't make your Wii U instantly hardcore. It's still a children's game cause 90% of its library not cause of it 5%-10%
#7boogerwooger_2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 2:13:53 AM
ixoria posted...
Nintendo fans don't get it, getting 1 or 2 games of hardcore games doesn't make your Wii U instantly hardcore. It's still a children's game cause 90% of its library not cause of it 5%-10%

I understand.

The fact that Nintendo has/had so much 3rd party support displayed a desire to attract a much more mature audience this time.

I am in no way saying that the Wii U is a hardcore gamers console, but that the option is/was there.

They are definetly targeting the adult consumers, while keeping their young fanbase.

Adapting (or trying to) at least, is the best word I can use to describe Nintendo right now.
#8Emerald_MeliosPosted 3/6/2013 3:14:32 AM
ixoria posted...

Judging by the mindset of these so-called "hardcore gamers," I'm pretty sure the children's game label is quite apt for an entirely different reason.....