Any games worth getting for the Wii U?

#1DoubleJ9Posted 3/6/2013 12:33:55 AM
I'm going back and forth on getting a Wii U for my birthday at the end of this month mainly for Monster Hunter. As much as I want to play the new Monster Hunter I'm still iffy on getting the system considering that my current Wii (while I have a nice collection of games) just never gets played compared to my other systems.

Are there any other games out for the Wii U at the moment worth picking up? I know There's games coming in the future like Smash Bros and Mario Kart but there's no telling when those will be released, and with the two new systems coming out this year I just don't want to waste the money/gift.
---
Open eyes are useless if the mind behind them is closed.
#2Chocobo115Posted 3/6/2013 12:37:32 AM
It's totally up to you :/
For me there aren't any games worth getting a Wii U for until possibly late 2013 or early 2014.

And by the time I might already have a PS4 :/
#3Breastmilkn_DipPosted 3/6/2013 12:49:55 AM
DoubleJ9 posted...
I'm still iffy on getting the system considering that my current Wii ...just never gets played compared to my other systems.

Getting a Wii U will not change ^that dynamic. You've answered your own question.
---
---
lysa-tully.nom
#4LeetyroneusPosted 3/6/2013 2:58:21 AM
http://wiiudaily.com/wii-u-games-list/

As for right now I too am getting MH:3U as well as Lego City, I already bought:

Scribblenauts,
Sonic Racing,
Darksiders2,
Assasins Creed3,
Batman: AC,
Tanks Tanks Tanks.
NSMB-U,
Ninja Gaiden 3,
Zombie-U,
Bit trip,
The Cave,
Trine2,
MSF:HD,
Nano Assault Neo
Ken's rage 2.

Damn near all are worth getting (they all have thier good/bad) IMHO and I've seen plenty of time with my Wii-U, if nothing in the list of the link I provided or what I wrote interest you, honestly, wouldn't recommend it then...
---
If you try to fail and succeed, then which on is really true....+
#5Rasputin77Posted 3/6/2013 7:53:20 AM
No, TC.
---
GameFAQs Wii U board - reminding people to use birth control since 2012.
#6IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/6/2013 8:01:08 AM
I have a Wii U myself, and love it. Personally it's in the eyes of the beholder. I'll probably be playing it tons more once I get myself a copy of Need For Speed Most Wanted, and in due time Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. This is what I have in my collection:

Nintendoland (came with the system)
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition
New Super Mario Bros. U
ZombiU
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#7the_cajun88Posted 3/6/2013 8:15:00 AM
It depends on your taste in games.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#8mashuPosted 3/6/2013 8:22:38 AM
If you want to play MH then imho get the Wii U. Online play, HD, hundreds of hours of play possible. You don't really need much more for a while and you'd want to be in at the start of the game, ideally.

That said, only you can answer if there is anything else worth getting as well. As some others have mentioned, you should maybe have a look at Lego City and Pikmin 3 and see if you are interested in those.
#9TheCelticArcherPosted 3/6/2013 8:25:27 AM
I would say to hold on to the money until some great games come out later in the year. A $300 Monster Hunter machine isn't worth it, as much as I enjoy the Wii U.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Final Fantasy XIII-2 (360), Anarchy Reigns (PS3), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, & New Super Mario Bros. U.
#10mashuPosted 3/6/2013 8:35:57 AM
TheCelticArcher posted...
I would say to hold on to the money until some great games come out later in the year. A $300 Monster Hunter machine isn't worth it, as much as I enjoy the Wii U.

I would agree with this, except for the fact that it depends how much the TC wants to play MH. If the TC is pretty sure somewhere down the road a number of the bigger titles spark some excitement (X, SMT x FE, SSMB, Kart, Zelda someday, etc) then why not invest in it now and enjoy MH for all its worth? Really depends on the dedication to and excitement for MH.

That said, I personally do not see any reason as of yet to get the Wii U until at least holidays 2013, if not beyond. There's no question I'll get it, but I'm waiting. And waiting still. Just a function though of the games I'm actually interested in.