Batman Arkham City glitch.

#1MathewMansonPosted 3/6/2013 1:38:34 AM
Is it the save file only or is the entire disc corrupted? Because if it does screw up for me and I can't get 100% I'll gladly replay the game seeing it's only a 25 hour main-game. If it's save file corruption only, I'll be a lot more happy.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#2DBPanterAPosted 3/6/2013 1:43:11 AM
The glitch that you are referring to is most likely the Harley Quinn DLC glitch. They replaced discs if you sent it into them with the original receipt. However, if you simply beat it in one play through, it's fine. The glitch consisted of the fact that if you returned and did not 100% it on the first play through, after the 1st or 2nd balloon the DLC would go back to the beginning in a continual loop.

I 100% the main story, 100% the Harley Quinn, and then stopped playing as I didn't feel like going crazy with the Riddler super challenge business. Great game, easily worth the $$$.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#3MathewManson(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 1:57:41 AM
Is it the save-file or the whole disc which gets corrupt? I live in Australia, I'm not forking out a heap of money because of their screw-up.
---
#4DBPanterAPosted 3/6/2013 2:02:33 AM
You can check the Batman boards, they have information over there, but I believe it pertains specifically to the Harley Quinn DLC, not the main game mode. While the Harley Quinn DLC is fun, the main story is where you spend most of the time.

Also, it may be a 25 hour game following the main story-line and not doing many of the side quests. But in order to 100% the main story, expect that number to nearly double.
---
#5MathewManson(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 2:03:39 AM
DBPanterA posted...
You can check the Batman boards, they have information over there, but I believe it pertains specifically to the Harley Quinn DLC, not the main game mode. While the Harley Quinn DLC is fun, the main story is where you spend most of the time.

Also, it may be a 25 hour game following the main story-line and not doing many of the side quests. But in order to 100% the main story, expect that number to nearly double.

I'm trying to find info on it...so even if I delete my save file I can never play that DLC more than once? Doesn't that DLC come on the disc?
---
#6DBPanterAPosted 3/6/2013 2:10:39 AM
The DLC is on the disc. In fact all the DLC is on the disc.

I had 2 files, tried the game at first on Hard, and got destroyed. Started a second file on medium (standard to understand the game, the controls, and flow of action). May revisit game to play it on hard and the super hard mode.
---
#7ZBug_Posted 3/6/2013 2:11:47 AM
MathewManson posted...
DBPanterA posted...

I'm trying to find info on it...so even if I delete my save file I can never play that DLC more than once? Doesn't that DLC come on the disc?

You can only play the DLC once per save file.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#8MathewManson(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 2:13:11 AM
Guys, I know that the DLC is now on the disc and everything is with one save...but if I delete my entire save data for the Mii...or in total, will the glitch be gone and I can have a second chance of beating the game 100%?
---
#9MathewManson(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 2:14:28 AM
ZBug_ posted...
MathewManson posted...
DBPanterA posted...

You can only play the DLC once per save file.

Oh. Is it possible to obtain all of the balloons in that save file?! Also if I screw up, I can just delete the file and do it again? Is it possible to do the DLC before the main game to get it out of the way?
---
#10DBPanterAPosted 3/6/2013 2:16:23 AM
MathewManson posted...
Guys, I know that the DLC is now on the disc and everything is with one save...but if I delete my entire save data for the Mii...or in total, will the glitch be gone and I can have a second chance of beating the game 100%?

Ok, when you say beat the game 100%, are you referring to the main story only OR main story plus all the DLC?

The glitch is in the Harley Quinn DLC, and can be avoided by doing the Harley Quinn DLC in one playthrough. There is no glitch in the main story.
---