A system that freezes when you're not even playing a game?

#1XSilverPhoenixXPosted 3/6/2013 2:28:01 AM
I had my first freeze with the system when all I was doing was going through the System Tools. The system locked up and had this beep sound going non-stop like a soft sounding horn and I had to pull the plug out of the system.

Now it makes me think that this system is ultimately going to end up defective when something as simple as accessing a system tool will cause it to lock up. Absolutely ridiculous.
#2MathewMansonPosted 3/6/2013 2:30:17 AM
I think it's the streaming between the Wii U and game-pad which causes the freezing.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#3XSilverPhoenixX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 2:32:04 AM
I just think it's crazy when I didn't even have the system on for 5 minutes and it locks up. I could turn the controller off but not the system so I had to pull the plug.
#4MathewMansonPosted 3/6/2013 2:33:31 AM
I agree...though there's nothing I can do about it, so I just get over it and bite my tongue if anything is lost.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#5Shadowbird_RHPosted 3/6/2013 2:33:31 AM
Have you been updating? Mine hasn't crashed since the a week or two after I bought it.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#6XSilverPhoenixX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 2:38:05 AM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Have you been updating? Mine hasn't crashed since the a week or two after I bought it.

The other day I was on and I had the current software version when I checked. It just worries me that the system would freeze so easily over nothing.
#7Skill4ReelPosted 3/6/2013 2:40:00 AM
My Wii U has locked up (always when Black Ops 2 is being played) maybe 5 more times than yours, and I've had it since November. Never heard any kind of beeping sound. The only beeping that I've ever heard when using the Wii U is when I forget to plug up the external HDD. Even then it's not the Wii U making the sound, but the external HDD.

It is annoying, but what can you do? Unplug it. Plug it back up and then move on. My PS3 has locked up probably 50 times over the past 4 years that I've owned it, and it still works fine.
#8ZBug_Posted 3/6/2013 2:44:20 AM
Skill4Reel posted...
My Wii U has locked up (always when Black Ops 2 is being played) maybe 5 more times than yours, and I've had it since November. Never heard any kind of beeping sound. The only beeping that I've ever heard when using the Wii U is when I forget to plug up the external HDD. Even then it's not the Wii U making the sound, but the external HDD.

It is annoying, but what can you do? Unplug it. Plug it back up and then move on. My PS3 has locked up probably 50 times over the past 4 years that I've owned it, and it still works fine.

Black ops 2 is known to freeze on the other systems too. If its a silent freeze, it's the games fault, if it makes that beep/humming noise, it's the Wii Us fault.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#9XSilverPhoenixX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 2:55:13 AM
It was definitely the system's fault considering I wasn't playing a game and had just turned the system on not long before.

I just went to accept a friend request and went to check something in the system tools and it locked up with the low volume buzz/horn sound.
#10Skill4ReelPosted 3/6/2013 3:13:44 AM
While I haven't experienced this particular "freeze" myself, it could very well be a problem with the OS. If this is something that occurs every time that you power up the machine, then it is time to worry and maybe contact Nintendo.