Don't hate me please. But I find the gamepad heavy, clunky and uncomfortable

#1HellsingOrgPosted 3/6/2013 2:56:09 AM
Please no flaming because I'm a Nintendo fanboy an dI love the Wii U and everything its just that back in e3 I was worried when I saw the gamepad and thought it wouldn't be comfortable.

After reports of people saying it was actually light, not uncomfortable etc... I believed them and it calmed me.

Well I got it and I can say that the gamepad is light BUT I like to game for hours nonstop.
And after a few hours of gaming my wrists and arms start straining like hell because I'm holding a wide gamepad in the air and its just not ergonomic for long extended use.

I can play my PS3 or 360 for like 10 hours nonstop with no problem.

But holding up the gamepad for like 2 hours (because I don't rest the gamepad on my lap because thats just stupid for playing) becomes very tiresome especially for games that you have to ONE HAND which means you hold the gamepad with one hand and use the stylus with the other.

Normal size controller (----)
gamepad (----------)

no matter what you do holding something wider and longer is going to bring more muscle strain when compared to something more compact.

Inb4youhavebabyhands
inb4youneedtoliftandgetbuff
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2FooFighters25Posted 3/6/2013 2:59:04 AM
You can play for 10 hours? Wow I don't think I can play for longer than 3 or 4 these days.

Anyways, I have no issues with the controller, but to each his own. While I do prefer a more compact controller, the tablet controller does not add any additional fatigue for me.
---
wP/RawkHawk
PSN - rokkenwithdokken
#3LeetyroneusPosted 3/6/2013 3:02:50 AM
Then get the PRO controller then, problem solved.
---
If you try to fail and succeed, then which on is really true....+
#4HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 3:04:51 AM
Leetyroneus posted...
Then get the PRO controller then, problem solved.

yeah but not all the games support the Pro Controller.
I'm just worried that if I spend 50 bucks on it that future Nintendo games won't be compatible on it.

Anyway I might just end up getting and using the pro controller.
Too bad I will miss the gamepad screen though.
---
#5Skill4ReelPosted 3/6/2013 3:06:20 AM
What is wrong with resting your hands on your lap when you play? I do it all the time. Even with the PS3 controller. Not because the controllers are heavy and my arms get tired after hours of play, but mainly because it is more comfortable.
#6HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 3:08:23 AM
Skill4Reel posted...
What is wrong with resting your hands on your lap when you play? I do it all the time. Even with the PS3 controller. Not because the controllers are heavy and my arms get tired after hours of play, but mainly because it is more comfortable.

Well my chair to TV configuration is kinda weird and I have to look down at the gamepad so I find it easier to hold it like my 3DS which is up and not set down and resting on my lap.

I mean no one plays their 3ds on their lap I think... right?
---
#7pbandjamesPosted 3/6/2013 3:13:40 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Skill4Reel posted...

Well my chair to TV configuration is kinda weird and I have to look down at the gamepad so I find it easier to hold it like my 3DS which is up and not set down and resting on my lap.

I mean no one plays their 3ds on their lap I think... right?

I do. Often, in fact. Why not? It's comfortable.
---
Game news is the best news.
#8MathewMansonPosted 3/6/2013 3:22:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 3:35:08 AM
^^^ that's not cool.
You don't even know me, why are you insulting my mom for?
not funny.
---
#10EastCoastKodyPosted 3/6/2013 4:06:05 AM
I h8 U......muahahah.

kidding. I find it to be one of the most comfortable controllers I've ever used.

My only qualms are battery life and I too believe its a little heavy.