Virtual Console question

#1coolio2coolPosted 3/6/2013 9:37:36 AM
As i was downloading Super Mario World for the first time on the virtual console, it hit me....theres a big update in APRIL on the wii-u. Are they going to be adding these SNES games on the wii-u system so I can download and play them with a wii-u controller rather then buying a classic wii controller?

Any feedback or help would be appreciated. I don't mind waiting a couple months to play my fav old school games on the wii-u controller.
---
I am Alpha and Omega. The beginning and the end. The first and the last ...And you shall be as gods... -Xenogears
#2SlimeSwayzePosted 3/6/2013 9:44:46 AM
Supposedly the April update will be the official launch of the Wii U VC, but even then, don't expect a huge number of games to be available immediately. It will be a slow roll out, like it was on the Wii. But the games will come eventually, which is why I'm not picking up any games on the Wii VC, though you can always transfer them for a small fee, if I'm not mistaken.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#3coolio2cool(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 9:51:16 AM
its just, i bought a wiichuck remote to play some wii games, and NOW i have to buy a classic controller to play wii VC games? I'm spending more money on hardware than software since i've bought my wii-u. Its ridiculous. I dont want to spend $20 on a controller to play a $8 game -_-
---
I am Alpha and Omega. The beginning and the end. The first and the last ...And you shall be as gods... -Xenogears
#4SlimeSwayzePosted 3/6/2013 9:56:56 AM
That's why I'm staying away from the Wii VC. I bought a wii-mote and nunchuck in order to play some Wii games like Galaxy and DKC Returns, but I'm not willing to buy another classic controller just for VC games. I also didn't bite on using my Club Nintendo rewards to pick up Paper Mario on the Wii VC for this reason. I'll just wait until they offer actual Wii U rewards.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#5stop3Posted 3/6/2013 10:14:29 AM
I'd wait to see what the Wii U virtual console brings.
#6picanoPosted 3/6/2013 11:26:39 AM
its just, i bought a wiichuck remote to play some wii games, and NOW i have to buy a classic controller to play wii VC games? I'm spending more money on hardware than software since i've bought my wii-u. Its ridiculous. I dont want to spend $20 on a controller to play a $8 game -_-

More than likely the older Wii controls will still be supported --- see Balloon Fighter, F Zero right now --- and of course the main gamepad.

That said, currently you would need two wiimotes to play 2 player on VC (instead of the gamepad and 1 wiimote) and if you already have the game on wii or the virtual wii, you would need to pay an upgrade fee to play it in Wii U mode directly. ($1 -$1.50)
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#7coolio2cool(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 12:17:23 PM
thanks guys, ill just wait for the April updates and beyond.
---