Thinking about a system purchase.

#1SpecOp24Posted 3/6/2013 1:48:14 PM
I'm debating on purchasing either a PS3, Xbox 360, or Wii U. I've owned a 360 before and while I like it only thing i'd venture back into it for is skyrim and a couple other games that are not exclusives. I've never owned a Wii, and I was interested at the chance of venturing into the new Wii U. I haven't even checked up on the system at all, but I love RPG, Adventure and generally most games aside from sports and shooters.

This isn't a coax me into the Wii U, but more of a "I don't know what it has to offer, please help inform me" situation. Any questions further I'd be glad to answer. Thanks in advance.
#2GameKing59Posted 3/6/2013 2:02:36 PM
Well, here is something the Wii U could offer you.

If you're playing your games, but someone else comes in wanting to watch TV, you can put your game on the controller and play it there.
#3NarutoPosted 3/6/2013 2:03:34 PM
Get a PS3, especially since PS4 won't be BC.
#4DinglesteedPosted 3/6/2013 2:04:17 PM
The two genres you dislike (Sports and Shooters) is what most the other consoles have and what the Wii/Wii U lack. For RPG there are several good games on both the Wii and some coming out on Wii U as well. Adventure games you have Zelda, which are all pretty amazing.
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, Trine 2 Planetside 2 (Soltech VS), EVE Online, Battlefield 3, and NHL 13
#5BoomerTheGreatPosted 3/6/2013 2:06:45 PM
I was thinking like you when I got my taxes. I bought a Wii U (ZombiU) bundle. It is my favorite system of all time (no joke). I was previously an Xbox fan. The gamepad is great if your family likes to use the TV, you can use Off-TV play. The graphics are great, Wii Street U is fun and I missed out on ALL the Wii games and I am buying them now because Wii U is backwards compatible. It gives a fresh new feeling and I cant wait for Nintendo games to be released this year.

Best advice is to just research around. Thats what I did.
---
Greatness comes from within
#6Chewy247Posted 3/6/2013 2:15:44 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
I was thinking like you when I got my taxes. I bought a Wii U (ZombiU) bundle. It is my favorite system of all time (no joke). I was previously an Xbox fan. The gamepad is great if your family likes to use the TV, you can use Off-TV play. The graphics are great, Wii Street U is fun and I missed out on ALL the Wii games and I am buying them now because Wii U is backwards compatible. It gives a fresh new feeling and I cant wait for Nintendo games to be released this year.

Best advice is to just research around. Thats what I did.

This is how I feel although the system is no where near my favorites of all time.
---
Back to Nintendo And Sony
#7SpecOp24(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 2:20:06 PM
Can anyone suggest some games that are Wii U must haves, and also Wii must haves from the back catalog.
#8Chewy247Posted 3/6/2013 2:23:21 PM
SpecOp24 posted...
Can anyone suggest some games that are Wii U must haves, and also Wii must haves from the back catalog.

My personal faves from each respective systems are

NSMBU
and
LoZ: Skyward Sword
---
Back to Nintendo And Sony
#9TCaC04Posted 3/6/2013 2:28:39 PM
For Wii
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Zelda: Twlight Princess
Xenoblade Chronicles

Just to name a few

Wii U
New Super Mario Bros U
Sonic Racing Transformed
ZombiU (hit or miss)
Monster Hunter Ultimate 3
Ninja Gaiden

There's many more but these are the few I could name off the top of my head.
---
PSN: AZ_Killstreak_4
NNID: AZ_Commando_4
#10DinglesteedPosted 3/6/2013 2:30:15 PM
SpecOp24 posted...

Wii U:

Zombi U (if you like true survival horror games, not run and gun Left 4 Dead style)
Mario U
Nintendo Land
Soon - Lego City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 U

Wii:

Both Zelda games
Xenoblade Chronicles (if you can find a copy)
Donkey Kong Country Returns is a lot of fun
Metroid Prime Trilogy (if you can find a copy)
Smash Bros.

Those are just some, to give you an idea.
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, Trine 2 Planetside 2 (Soltech VS), EVE Online, Battlefield 3, and NHL 13