Miyamoto: "...To not be thinking about retirement would be strange."

#1Poopcorn13Posted 3/6/2013 3:30:47 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/miyamoto-strange-not-to-think-about-retirement-6404904?
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#2T_AcePosted 3/6/2013 3:32:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if after this gen Miyamoto retired. Seems to be the way things are heading. Wonder what his last couple games will be like.
---
"Favored by the world my ass...I'm going to say it flat out. You're nothing but a worthless criminal!!!"
#3DTY3Posted 3/6/2013 3:36:22 PM
I thank you for posting this, but it didnt really tell us anything we didnt already speculate.

Nonetheless, I think he should retire soon. He had a good run, but some of his recent decisions (*coughStickerStarcough*) make it seem as if he's going senile.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#4smkorvettePosted 3/6/2013 3:37:57 PM
would be great if he could come up with 1 great new IP before retirement
---
3DS FC: 5327-1465-0004
Always looking for new friends
#5P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/6/2013 3:40:58 PM
I don't get that.

Anyway, Miyamoto has been preparing for "retirement" for some time now with preparing young devs and familiarizing others with his creations. He has said that after he does "retire" he will still make small budget games. Sorta like becoming an indie dev.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#6Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/6/2013 3:50:30 PM
Yes! Get rid of him.

He is a legend with great games but he is also a dinosaur. His games are being held back by what I must assume is his senility. Once hes gone nintendo can start getting on the right track!
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#7Spandau BalletPosted 3/6/2013 3:52:45 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Yes! Get rid of him.

He is a legend with great games but he is also a dinosaur. His games are being held back by what I must assume is his senility. Once hes gone nintendo can start getting on the right track!

Agree. He's held Nintendo back for years. His stubbornness not to move with the times is killing them.
---
Hello, I'm a British person.
#8SlimeSwayzePosted 3/6/2013 3:58:22 PM
I think he's the most important figure in the history of game design, and it will be sad when he's gone. That said, I think if Nintendo is going to survive they need a new generation of developers, producers, directors, and designers who are not trying to replicate him or live under his shadow. I hope that if anything positive will come from his departure it is that those who follow him will be more like him in the sense that they forge their own paths. Nintendo could use some new blood with different visions of how games should be made.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#9_Taidow_Posted 3/6/2013 4:02:50 PM(edited)
As a result, Miyamoto said he would rather have his producers focus on pleasing the consumer and not him.

“And as I like to say, I try to duck out of the way, so that instead of them looking at me, they’re looking at the consumer and trying to develop their games with the consumer in mind rather than me in mind. So it’s really more of looking at this as sort of an opportunity to really try to help develop them and bring them up.”

What... then what about the lack of story in Galaxy 2 and Sticker Star?
---
"The answer to a question I never asked." - Bridget Tice
#10Traptin3daysPosted 3/6/2013 4:01:11 PM
Thinking about him always restricting the story, telling the developers to not include sidekicks in the new Paper Mario game, I think it would actually be quite healthy for Nintendo. Still, that day will be a sad day regardless.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D