Nintendo dominates, AAA games no longer relevant. The future is Wii U.

#1RahzarXPosted 3/6/2013 2:58:51 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/394723/features/are-triple-a-games-losing-relevance/

"I think last night was a warning shot over the bow for the bigger publishers," says Ian Livingstone, a games industry ambassador and investor.

Livingstone, a man who once earned his crust by heading up Eidos, said modern-day publishers must awaken to the new forms of games that people are enjoying.

With the open nature of Nintendo's eshop, it's clear they knew exactly what they were doing. Sony and Microsoft have the worst certification process known to man. Microsoft being the lesser of the two evils, they at least allow indie games to break the ice.

The Ps4 and 720 will struggle for position with exclusives like Killzone and CoD DLC, while Nintendo will silently kill all the competition with their extremely successful first party titles and indie game extravaganza.

It's a good year to be a Nintendo fan.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#2zender1999Posted 3/6/2013 3:00:55 PM
i have been sayng for a long time
#3guedesbrawlPosted 3/6/2013 3:01:31 PM
"but could you really look someone in the eye and say that FIFA 2013 wasn't the best sports game?"

Ha, it's still a realistic game, so it isn't. perhaps the best of this year, but it will never top MSC
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#4mjc0961Posted 3/6/2013 3:02:33 PM
AAA games no longer relevant because of the BAFTAs? A pointless awards show that means absolutely f*** all in the grand scheme of things?

That's the dumbest thing I've read since people actually believing Nintendo would be forced to go third party if Wii U fails.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#5LokarinPosted 3/6/2013 3:02:39 PM
Especially now I prefer indie titles and pure arcade games like TrackMania over AAA titles.

What I want most from Nintendo now are a new Adventures of Lolo game, or plain simple Bomberman. No AAA overbudgeting... straight up the original game style.
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#6RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 3:08:17 PM
mjc0961 posted...
AAA games no longer relevant because of the BAFTAs? A pointless awards show that means absolutely f*** all in the grand scheme of things?

That's the dumbest thing I've read since people actually believing Nintendo would be forced to go third party if Wii U fails.

Wake up.

Having Killzone and Halo isn't what people want anymore.

The ios dominates the market right now.

People want fun, accessible games, not "hardcore, pew pew" crap that is getting spewed out.

Bungie, one of the most prolific developers of this era can't even see the light out of their own ass, continuing down the path of failure with Destiny.

One game that sells a few million isn't going to sustain a platform. You need many million sellers.

Nintendo has that with their first party plus they have the indie crowd. That's a slam dunk.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#7zender1999Posted 3/6/2013 3:10:55 PM
i just got a game on ios, dungeon plunder, for 2$, its more fun, longer and better gameplay than dragon age 2
hopefully it cones to the eshop
this is an example of where the money will be
#8LokarinPosted 3/6/2013 3:11:49 PM
I want hardcore games... but that doesn't mean AAA. That means leaderboards, replays, cheat prevention.

Bubble Bobble, for example, one of the most hardcore leaderboard games you can get.

Games like Gradius, Galaga, Touhou.
---
"Salt cures Everything!"
#9RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 3:14:50 PM
Lokarin posted...
I want hardcore games... but that doesn't mean AAA. That means leaderboards, replays, cheat prevention.

Bubble Bobble, for example, one of the most hardcore leaderboard games you can get.

Games like Gradius, Galaga, Touhou.

Do you not think that Treasure isn't going to jump aboard the Wii U train?

Nintendo, the makers of THE most hardcore leaderboard game ever created (Donkey Kong) isn't going to fail you!
---
#10LokarinPosted 3/6/2013 3:17:09 PM
Ya, Treasure makes some of my fav games.

Even the outliers like Castle Shikigami ain't that bad.
---
"Salt cures Everything!"