Nintendo dominates, AAA games no longer relevant. The future is Wii U.

#51SkyminxyzPosted 3/7/2013 8:47:54 AM
RahzarX posted...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/394723/features/are-triple-a-games-losing-relevance/

"I think last night was a warning shot over the bow for the bigger publishers," says Ian Livingstone, a games industry ambassador and investor.

Livingstone, a man who once earned his crust by heading up Eidos, said modern-day publishers must awaken to the new forms of games that people are enjoying.

With the open nature of Nintendo's eshop, it's clear they knew exactly what they were doing. Sony and Microsoft have the worst certification process known to man. Microsoft being the lesser of the two evils, they at least allow indie games to break the ice.

The Ps4 and 720 will struggle for position with exclusives like Killzone and CoD DLC, while Nintendo will silently kill all the competition with their extremely successful first party titles and indie game extravaganza.

It's a good year to be a Nintendo fan.

No offensive but I'd still take a lot more than that for the "future to be Wii- U". <.< If anything the future is 3ds, because unlike the "U" the 3ds already won and dominated all other handheld competition in japan, and soon in America.

Maybe in 2015 Wii U will be good, but I've (and many other Wii fans) have yet to see even 3 games worth buying a Wii U for. (Correction that isn't available as a port of another system.)
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#52OzzieArcanePosted 3/7/2013 11:49:32 AM
You heard it here guys, Call of Duty is irrelevant even though it sells more then any of Nintendo's titles aside from Mario. Halo is irrelevant too even though it sells more then Zelda!

You talk about how other games are irrelevant and how they can't sustain a system. Nintendo first party titles are the only thing on Nintendo systems that sell millions and these irrelevant games outnumber them and also sell in the millions. Software sells better on other systems, even with the original Wii's install base this was a fact.

Touting the Wii U's eShop is kinda pointless when nothing gets released on it.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#53sonic777Posted 3/7/2013 12:02:41 PM
sonicsonic posted...

People are losing interest in COD. It's about time as well..

Delusion at it's finest.

I guess losing interest now counts as Black Ops II selling only 22 million. You know, more than the last 3 console Zelda games combined.

How can Activision handle this complete indifference?!?!?!?!?!
#54icarus231Posted 3/7/2013 12:11:02 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
Wii U is now being outsold by the Vita. I'd hardly call that "domination".

One week hardly means it is outselling the wii u
#55OzzieArcanePosted 3/7/2013 12:12:43 PM
sonic777 posted...
sonicsonic posted...

People are losing interest in COD. It's about time as well..

Delusion at it's finest.

I guess losing interest now counts as Black Ops II selling only 22 million. You know, more than the last 3 console Zelda games combined.

How can Activision handle this complete indifference?!?!?!?!?!

It's because people on all sides, rather then actually looking up sales figures in regards to what they're talking about just assume everyone thinks like them and state it as fact. It's why so many people on the PS3 boards think all PS3 owners love JRPGs even though most of them aside from Final Fantasy can't even break a single million.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#56Lefty128kPosted 3/7/2013 2:09:23 PM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
Wii U is now being outsold by the Vita. I'd hardly call that "domination".

Now compare the Vita's first 3 months to the Wii U's.

How come when you drones are directly challenged with things that don't favor Nintendo, you always deflect and bring up irrelevancies?

The person you quoted is talking about NOW, not THEN.

And he didn't say the Vita was dominant at all, so trying to challenge him on that is ridiculous.
#57Dr_FacerPosted 3/7/2013 2:15:22 PM
RahzarX posted...
Nintendo dominates, AAA games no longer relevant. The future is Wii U.

Good to know Nintendo won't need any new Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong or Metroid games from now on...

Topic title contradicts itself.
#58bskiffingtonPosted 3/7/2013 3:05:20 PM
RahzarX posted...
ztype85 posted...

Having Killzone and Halo isn't what people want anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Halo but you're talking about a game series that has sold over 50 million units and spawned a media franchise. Same thing with Call of Duty. Black Ops 2 sold over 7 million units in two weeks, that's more than the majority of games sell in their lifetime.

Having that ONE title is what I'm saying is a failure.

Nintendo has over 15 titles of the same calibre and can put out multiple in one year that the competition can only push out 1 annually.

But would they sell the same as a Halo game? Maybe Mario and Zelda might, but they're few and far between. Star Fox can barely break 1 mil in sales, same with alot of other franchises that Nintendo has.

So yeah, I think your '15 titles' is a bit of an exaggeration.