Keep in mind that the Wii U is also region locked.

#1_Izanagi_Posted 3/7/2013 12:29:34 AM
Nintendo's obtuse viewpoint never ceases. Not even for a second. The Wii U, just like the DSi and 3DS is region locked. You want Xenoblade? It's not easily available in North America. On the other hand, you could spend a little money in Europe and get enough Xenoblade to put in your tub and take a bath in. Is there a good JRPG on the horizon that has no chance of coming to America? You could just import a Japanese copy and play it on your American Wii U. Oh wait, no you can't. What I meant to say was you can spend another $300+ for a Japanese Wii U and play it on that.

Keep up the good work, Nintendo. I will never get a Wii U.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#2_FalstaffPosted 3/7/2013 12:31:44 AM(edited)
Average gamer's viewpoint (myself included): I'm not going to import a game if I have to learn a new language just to understand what's going on.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#3_Izanagi_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 12:33:23 AM
Understandable. It would take you forever to learn to speak European. Yes, that's right. Only those very few select people in America can learn to speak, read, and write European. Those people being ones who will buy a PS4 and/or a Nextbox and not a Wii U.
---
#4_FalstaffPosted 3/7/2013 12:41:03 AM
Typically when talking about imports, particularly imports of JRPG's, I always assume most of them come from Japan, not Europe, hence the name "JRPG." You're talking about one specific game that was translated for countries in Europe. I'm talking about imported JRPG's in general.

I don't know why you decided to make a snide comment about "learning European." You explicitly mentioned importing Japanese copies of a game to play on an American system:

_Izanagi_ posted...
You could just import a Japanese copy and play it on your American Wii U.

So unless they're making Japanese copies of JRPG's in "European," I don't understand your derision.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#5nbean16Posted 3/7/2013 12:42:44 AM
_Izanagi_ posted...
Nintendo's obtuse viewpoint never ceases. Not even for a second. The Wii U, just like the DSi and 3DS is region locked. You want Xenoblade? It's not easily available in North America. On the other hand, you could spend a little money in Europe and get enough Xenoblade to put in your tub and take a bath in. Is there a good JRPG on the horizon that has no chance of coming to America? You could just import a Japanese copy and play it on your American Wii U. Oh wait, no you can't. What I meant to say was you can spend another $300+ for a Japanese Wii U and play it on that.

Keep up the good work, Nintendo. I will never get a Wii U.

So why are you here?
#6_Izanagi_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 2:51:43 AM
To see just how severe Nintendo's shortcomings are.
---
#7ElectricMolePosted 3/7/2013 2:55:15 AM
There goes my hope of playing FatalFrame 5 on my american wii u.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#8star_guy_100Posted 3/7/2013 3:00:55 AM
this is one big reason why i didnt rush out and get a wii u. with them region locking, im waiting for it to get hacked so i can remove the region lock. i shouldnt need to do this, but with NoA's history, i have to if i want to play games fully translated in english that NoA doesnt want to bring to NA.
#9DeathSoul2000Posted 3/7/2013 3:05:33 AM
star_guy_100 posted...
this is one big reason why i didnt rush out and get a wii u. with them region locking, im waiting for it to get hacked so i can remove the region lock. i shouldnt need to do this, but with NoA's history, i have to if i want to play games fully translated in english that NoA doesnt want to bring to NA.

you could just buy one of the other consoles.....
#10Xenesis XenonPosted 3/7/2013 3:12:02 AM
_Falstaff posted...
Typically when talking about imports, particularly imports of JRPG's, I always assume most of them come from Japan, not Europe, hence the name "JRPG." You're talking about one specific game that was translated for countries in Europe. I'm talking about imported JRPG's in general.

You must be new to this.

The large large gap between release dates in the Japan -> America -> Europe means that Europeans (and other PAL users) importing from America to Europe is not that uncommon.

The PS3, DS (not 3DS) for example have absolutely enormous import markets simply because they're not region locked. The other is of course on price.

As an Australian (Who is in a PAL region) I have imported more than half of the games I own simply due to reasons of cost and release date.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.