Is there a reason Nintendo will not release games for the iphone or android

#1tonysparksPosted 3/7/2013 12:46:05 PM
Is there a reason Nintendo will not release games for the iPhone or android based phones? The app market is a gold mine, don't understand why Nintendo won't tap in. Even just releasing the backlog of old DS games will make profit.
---
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery #s
#2Poopcorn13Posted 3/7/2013 12:47:42 PM
Why do that when they can release downloadable games on the 3DS where they'll get all the profits?
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#3ADHDguitarPosted 3/7/2013 12:48:47 PM
Poopcorn13 posted...
Why do that when they can release downloadable games on the 3DS where they'll get all the profits?

---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4tonysparks(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 12:51:29 PM
Poopcorn13 posted...

Lets face facts here
There are more smart phones in the hands of potential customers then 3DS. For a company that caters to the casuals, why not release them. Just releasing Super Mario Brothers 1,2 and 3 will bring in lots of cash.
---
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery #s
#5blunderminePosted 3/7/2013 12:52:54 PM
tonysparks posted...
Poopcorn13 posted...

Lets face facts here
There are more smart phones in the hands of potential customers then 3DS. For a company that caters to the casuals, why not release them. Just releasing Super Mario Brothers 1,2 and 3 will bring in lots of cash.

Maybe they think it'll set a bad precedent.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#6BeanBeanKingdomPosted 3/7/2013 12:55:19 PM
They could honestly do that. I know it's a honor thing and all not wanting to publish for non-proprietary devices, but they'd make a ton of money with zero effort.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#7bleedingelitePosted 3/7/2013 12:55:25 PM
Because there aren't any buttons or a d-pad on iphones.
#8tonysparks(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 12:56:25 PM
bleedingelite posted...

i take it you haven't played many iphone games
---
#9bleedingelitePosted 3/7/2013 1:00:13 PM
tonysparks posted...
bleedingelite posted...

i take it you haven't played many iphone games

I have, actually. If you're alluding to the games that try to take up 25 percent of the screen with a simulated dpad and buttons, then I'm going to allege that you haven't actually tried playing any of those games.
#10meiyukiPosted 3/7/2013 1:07:58 PM
People really need to get out of the media hype and realize the app store is not a gold mine. Three quarters of all apps have never been downloaded. Of the 1/4 that are left many have only been downloaded a few times. While there is money to be made there, the media vastly overhypes mobile games.

Then you have the problem that nintendo would be competing with themselves, a 3ds looks far less appealing if you can just get the games on a phone.