Is there a reason Nintendo will not release games for the iphone or android

#51anon_firePosted 3/8/2013 8:34:26 AM
Nintendo games don't belong on mobile phones.
---
NNID: alaz21
#52_Sovereign_Posted 3/8/2013 9:11:24 AM
tonysparks posted...
Poopcorn13 posted...
Why do that when they can release downloadable games on the 3DS where they'll get all the profits?

Lets face facts here
There are more smart phones in the hands of potential customers then 3DS. For a company that caters to the casuals why not release them. Just releasing Super Mario Brothers 1,2 and 3 will bring in lots of cash.

That would be Activision ( CoD) or EA ( Madden).

A "casual" gamer isn't going to pick up something that's colorful because they think it's kiddy, or something obscure because they won't know/understand it. A "casual" gamer will pick up what all their friends are playing because that's the easiest avenue for peer interaction. Ask most people why they have an iPhone ( or iProduct) and the answer will usually boil down to "...because my friend has one".

Mario is usually viewed as nostalgia in most circles, and when somebody does say they like it, it follows with "...back in the day". It's a shame so many people are too embarrassed to stand by their own selves.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#53googlerPosted 3/8/2013 11:42:29 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
If you outsource your software there's no reason for people to buy your proprietary hardware. You make MORE money this way. Not less. If Nintendo was a software only company it'd make perfect sense. But since they're not, there's no reason for them to do that.

but that's assuming that all those hundreds of millions of people were actually going to buy their proprietary hardware, which isn't the case at all. Whether they sold a the same $5 wiiware game on this platform or that is still money in their pocket, the only difference is they're reaching out more to people whose wallets they wouldn't have access to.
Disregarding my feeling burnt by Nintendo for the last 3 generations, there are still a few of their games I'd buy on my platform of choice but am still way too apprehensive to buy an entire platform just for a handful of games
#54StephenYap3Posted 3/8/2013 6:24:26 PM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/09/iwata_resists_calls_for_smartphone_games
---
Awaiting for Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#55AkaneJonesPosted 3/8/2013 7:54:07 PM
zaakro posted...
trenken posted...
sonicsonic posted...
trenken posted...
Poopcorn13 posted...
Why do that when they can release downloadable games on the 3DS where they'll get all the profits?

Do you know how many more iphones there are in this world than 3DSs? MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY more millions. The profits they could make there would absolutely dwarf anything they could ever manage on the 3DS.

Nintendo knows this, everyone on Earth knows this, but they are known to be a very prideful and stubborn Japanese company. They are like the kid that does something wrong, wont admit it, and has a way out but still decides to pout and cry about it just to be stubborn.

Nintendo could make an absolute fortune and multiply all profits they ever made on all their handhelds COMBINED by releasing mobile games, but they simply wont do it. Why? Because Apple is an American company.

...But Sony don't either. You just don't do these kinds of things in business. Microsoft do it, but they don't offer any form of handheld gaming or at least not in the same vein as 3DS and Vita.

As soon as Nintendo or Sony start releasing 1st party titles on Iphones. Then there will be 0 point in manufacturing handheld hardware...

Sony is a Japanese company. They are stubborn and ignorant. MS is one of the richest companies on Earth for a very good reason, they will do business with just about anyone. Their pockets are far deeper than Sony's and Nintendo's could ever be. You cant even take a leak in a modern public restroom without running into technology they sell.

Itsjust a culture thing. Japanese companies believe in doing business with each other, keep the money close to home for their own people. The issue with other phone makers like Samsung is they arent Apple, they arent able to strike up the kind of deal that Nintendo would actually consider to put games out on a Samsung phone. I would bet Nintendo is going to want a check that dwarfs anything they could make on the 3DS during its entire life. Apple could do that, I dont believe Samsung could.

You do know that Samsung is a Korean company and Japanese really don't like Korea. And what is up with your Nintendo doesn't work with American company talk. Who is IBM or ATI?

I think a better question would be why doesn't Microsoft make Xbox ports for 3DS. You know how much money they could make with Halo 1 on 3DS? I just like reversing the argument, but as usual people only do this to Nintendo.
#56darkqueenhelbaPosted 3/9/2013 2:12:35 AM
googler posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...
If you outsource your software there's no reason for people to buy your proprietary hardware. You make MORE money this way. Not less. If Nintendo was a software only company it'd make perfect sense. But since they're not, there's no reason for them to do that.

but that's assuming that all those hundreds of millions of people were actually going to buy their proprietary hardware, which isn't the case at all. Whether they sold a the same $5 wiiware game on this platform or that is still money in their pocket, the only difference is they're reaching out more to people whose wallets they wouldn't have access to.
Disregarding my feeling burnt by Nintendo for the last 3 generations, there are still a few of their games I'd buy on my platform of choice but am still way too apprehensive to buy an entire platform just for a handful of games

You would have to sell many more units/downloads. That's a lot harder to do.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#57excitebike64Posted 3/9/2013 9:21:44 AM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Hozama posted...
After the CDI fiasco, Nintendo has been extremly protective with its IPs. It might generate a lot of extra money, but it might also invite too many unlisenced games for them to legally deal with, and pirating is a lot easily on easily modified system like them. You could ask "Why doesn't Microsoft make android games starring Master Chief?" or "Why doesn't Sony make a GOW for Iphone?".

In terms of actual value, some of these characters are so expencive to lisence it's pretty much impossible for anyone but the owners to do anything with them. I'm sure even adding a single Mario cameo in a game not owned by Nintendo would cost a huge chunk of the development budget. It's not worth it for Nintendo, and it's not worth it for anyone else to try and listence the characters.

Wreck it Ralph wanted a Mario cameo, it was too expensive so Bowser got in since he was much cheaper.

This is the answer. Mario was too expensive, which makes sense. It would be like Nintendo wanting Mickey Mouse in a Mario game. I'm sure the price would be the same. Mckey makes it into other games typically because Disney still gets credit. This would not have been the case for Wreck it Ralph.
#58twistedreality1Posted 3/9/2013 9:40:48 AM
rawxfoxdog posted...
Instead of putting old games on smart phones, why can't nintendo buy like 4 indie developers and create new ips for smart phones?

This
---
360-twistedreality6 PSN-twistedreality1 NNID-twistedreality
#59N__1Posted 3/9/2013 12:09:08 PM
How much money can Nintendo make with a game at 1 dollar compared to a game at 40 and 60 dollar? Do the math please.
#60DarkAdonis123Posted 3/9/2013 12:36:03 PM
I definitely agree that releasing Mario 1,2 and 3 on iOS and Android would bring lots of cash.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue