Interesting interview of Miyamoto with TIME Magazine

#1liveman789Posted 3/7/2013 12:43:10 PM
http://techland.time.com/2013/03/07/miyamoto-the-wii-u-gamepad-gives-us-advantages-over-tablets-smartphones/

Yeah, the guy is old and a bit old fashioned, but I think the guy is a genius and still knows what he's doing.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2rz99xx.jpg
#2rudgerlightPosted 3/7/2013 12:50:11 PM
I read this article. Which part is interesting? Nothing said here is any different from all the things they said about the Wii U before launch, except confirmation that the OS was made by separate companies and cobbled together (which should have been obvious if you've tried out TVii). None of these questions dig deep enough or try to get a sense as to what's coming next or what led to the current situation.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Wii U. But this piece doesn't really change any thoughts I have on the system.
#3sonicsonicPosted 3/7/2013 12:51:23 PM
Pretty typical stuff, but I am a fan of Miyamoto.

Looking pretty interested on the new IP he is rumoured to be making. If he has been considering retirement this might be the franchise he wants people to remember as his final work. Which could mean something very interesting.
#4trenkenPosted 3/7/2013 12:57:43 PM
sonicsonic posted...

Looking pretty interested on the new IP he is rumoured to be making. If he has been considering retirement this might be the franchise he wants people to remember as his final work. Which could mean something very interesting.

Or it could be just as awesome as Wii Music which was his baby for like 3 years. >_>
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#5sonicsonicPosted 3/7/2013 1:20:27 PM
trenken posted...
sonicsonic posted...

Or it could be just as awesome as Wii Music which was his baby for like 3 years. >_>

Lets hope not. I think the Wii was seen as a good platform for them too experiment around with a lot of unusual games. The Wii series in general with Fit and Music... is bizarre with former being successful and later... terrible.

As much as I see Miyamoto being the kind of developer who takes no interest in what anyone else in the industry does and has a bit of a set vision for a project despite how poor from the beginning they seem. I think he must have been aware that Wii Music wasn't want long term Nintendo fans were waiting for and that his final franchise would be more in the 'hardcore' style.
#6arvilinoPosted 3/7/2013 1:42:41 PM
One part that seemed interesting.

Do you anticipate a significant performance upgrade to the Wii U interface itself?

We think that by this summer, the system is going to be very much improved over how itís performing currently. Of course when it comes to the actual hardware, those decisions have already been finalized, and one of the things we focused on in making those decisions was the speed of the connection between the Wii U system and the Wii U GamePad. We strongly feel the transfer speed between those two devices is so strong that itís not something that can necessarily be achieved by other devices that havenít been designed specifically with that in mind. So as we get into these other system-based updates, our anticipation is that because of the amount of effort weíve dedicated to the GamePadís wireless connection to the hardware, these additional improvements are going to make for an overall device thatís even more convenient to use.

I wonder if that means in terms of the other consoles. Like they don't believe the PS4-Vita would be capable of the transfer speed between the WiiU and the Gamepad in general or does he mean it in terms of simultaneous play on both screens with feedback from input to the Gamepad?