Have you had your Wii U freeze?

#1hrodwulfPosted 3/7/2013 5:01:09 PM
Have you ever had your Wii U freeze and produce a buzzing sound? - Results (127 votes)
Never had the Wii U freeze and buzz.
16.54% (21 votes)
Have had and still do have several freezes.
39.37% (50 votes)
Have had freeze(s) initially but not anymore.
44.09% (56 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've had and still have freezes while playing a game or while in an app (YouTube). Just wondering if the issue is still prevalent or was mostly an initial issue, but my Wii U still does it.
Just yesterday one occurred to me after playing Darksiders 2 for about 15 minutes, and then after plugging everything back in, I played for about 3 hours with no problems...

I already emailed Nintendo and they replied that if the Wii U is still freezing after the latest update (very ambiguous wording), my Wii U may be in need of repairs. I've had about 5 freezes since I bought the system in November, and 3 never-ending loadings when backing out from apps to the Wii U Menu (from YouTube and games).
#2Leo-TyrantPosted 3/8/2013 9:14:41 AM
It freezes on Netflix ALWAYS for me, it also froze at the end of Mass Effect, but I found out that my internet provided had an issue at that exact moment.

SO

My theory is:

Is something related to the wireless connection. It has not frozen for me in any other instance.
#3TerotrousPosted 3/8/2013 9:15:53 AM
I had one game crash that booted me back to the system menu, but the system remained functional.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#4DDP886Posted 3/8/2013 9:27:04 AM
hrodwulf posted...
I've had and still have freezes while playing a game or while in an app (YouTube). Just wondering if the issue is still prevalent or was mostly an initial issue, but my Wii U still does it.
Just yesterday one occurred to me after playing Darksiders 2 for about 15 minutes, and then after plugging everything back in, I played for about 3 hours with no problems...

I already emailed Nintendo and they replied that if the Wii U is still freezing after the latest update (very ambiguous wording), my Wii U may be in need of repairs. I've had about 5 freezes since I bought the system in November, and 3 never-ending loadings when backing out from apps to the Wii U Menu (from YouTube and games).

Wooooowwwww I think my 360 locked up 5 times maybe in five years
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#5LUlGIPosted 3/8/2013 9:32:03 AM
Yeah, it freezes. Not a lot, but it happens

I honestly call bulls*** on anyone who's had a Wii U since at least release and still claims it hasn't frozen even once. >_>
#6squeakthedragonPosted 3/12/2013 1:21:44 PM
Ever since the last (small) firmware update to fix the freezing in Runner 2, I've had more freezes in general across games and apps. It's only gotten worse.

I've seen accounts on Miiverse that various games have started to freeze more as well such as Black Ops II since the last patch.

The "U" in Wii U stands for "Unstable".
#7rawxfoxdogPosted 3/12/2013 1:24:51 PM
Mine hasn't froze once. And the update made all my stiff faster. Its like a few secs faster. I timed it before and then after. Like 5 secs. I hope they fix the problem for others though
---
Nintendo id: Rawxfoxdog
#8fon1988Posted 3/12/2013 1:34:06 PM
My Wii U has frozen with almost all of my games and it seems it's a very common issue amongst owners of this system. I will wait for the Spring/Summer big updates and if that doesn't fix this issue I'll be sending my system in for a repair before the year warranty is up.
#9xl_ebb_lxPosted 3/14/2013 6:20:46 PM
Mine's been freezing pretty frequently since the latest update.

Before that I hadn't had any problems. Not a single lock-up. Not cool!
---
"as long as you do crop rotation, anywhere is good to farm... " -androidgeoff
#10shootsmackPosted 3/14/2013 6:21:02 PM
I threw it away.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.