Have you had your Wii U freeze?

#11SlimeSwayzePosted 3/14/2013 6:23:20 PM
squeakthedragon posted...
Ever since the last (small) firmware update to fix the freezing in Runner 2, I've had more freezes in general across games and apps. It's only gotten worse.

I've seen accounts on Miiverse that various games have started to freeze more as well such as Black Ops II since the last patch.

The "U" in Wii U stands for "Unstable".

This is incorrect. The last small update was not to fix the freezing in Runner 2. If that were the case, the freezing in that game would be fixed, which it is not. The last update simply improved small aspects of the console performance, such as slightly decreased load times when navigating the various menus.

As far as the last update increasing freezes overall, this post is the first I've heard of it.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#12crowe_1Posted 3/14/2013 6:27:55 PM
My console has never frozen aside from when exiting Runner 2, when it will happen consistently whenever I exit to the menu from that game. I think that's more of an issue with the game though as opposed to the OS as a whole. I've got probably 130ish hours put into my Wii U so far.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#13P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/14/2013 6:30:14 PM
Aside for the Runner2 thing I've only had one freeze from me continuously opening and closing apps while downloading games.

I found that if I back all the way out to the Main Menu on Runner2, I can exit the game and turn off the system without any issues.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#14Reflex-ArcPosted 3/14/2013 6:31:48 PM
Launch day console. No freezes.
#15AmishMechanicPosted 3/14/2013 6:32:59 PM
troll detected

puts up troll shield

my wii u has never frozen or buzzed you just made this thread 2 start a fight
#16hrodwulf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 2:41:30 PM
AmishMechanic posted...
troll detected

puts up troll shield

my wii u has never frozen or buzzed you just made this thread 2 start a fight

Better check those detectors dude, they are pretty defective. :P

I checked my Activity Log and used the Wii U for more than 100 hours, so I guess the 7 or so incidents I've had that required to unplug the Wii U aren't as bad. I've been playing a lot of Darksiders 2 lately and haven't had more problems.

From the responses the poll received, it seems the problem is not as widespread as I thought. Guess I was just unlucky, hopefully these issues don't come up too often or are minimized as System Updates get released.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences and/or voting.
#17the_cajun88Posted 3/15/2013 2:44:16 PM
Mine has never frozen. I dislike the load times, though.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#18Ketchup799Posted 3/15/2013 2:46:14 PM
I've had 2 or 3 freezes the within the first 2 weeks of buying the system (got it at launch), but none since then. All of the freezes happened with Nintendo Land. I don't use my Wii U THAT much though.
---
Currently playing: FE:A, KI:U., FF6
#19Skill4ReelPosted 3/15/2013 2:50:29 PM(edited)
Good grief. There are probably only two topics on the main page that are worth responding to. Lol.

Yeah, about 4 or 5 times since November. Always when Black Ops 2 is in the machine. I feel like I've answered this question before.
#20Thalidor88Posted 3/16/2013 6:00:57 AM
crowe_1 posted...
My console has never frozen aside from when exiting Runner 2, when it will happen consistently whenever I exit to the menu from that game. I think that's more of an issue with the game though as opposed to the OS as a whole. I've got probably 130ish hours put into my Wii U so far.

Yup, same here. Freezes when quitting Runner 2. Never has frozen other than that.

We will see what happens with Lego City...those games are notorious for freezing.
---
Lost Odyssey is my favorite Final Fantasy.