I think that the new mario kart or smash brothers will use NFC

#1andizzle29662Posted 3/7/2013 5:08:14 PM
Mr. Miyamoto is hinting on a NFC capable title, and I think smash bros or mario kart would make the most sense. Think about it, want to play as yoshi, go buy him and see him come to life. I don't care for NFC, but knowing Nintendo, they have something big up their sleeves. Their not dumb enough to let skylanders make all the cash.
---
Everyone subscribe to pure Nintendo magazine! It rocks!
#2digiblasterPosted 3/7/2013 5:33:34 PM
I doubt they'd use it for an existing series, not in the way Skylanders does.

If they tried to take that approach for SSB, they'd be pissing off a hell of a lot of fans.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#3Reflex-ArcPosted 3/7/2013 5:33:38 PM
I almost unbelievable that people actually fall for that crap. Here buy this game that requires you to obtain these figures, at an additional cost, to actually play. It's OK, they're collectible.

It's really quite a bonus for the publishers and vendors that the general public are so easily swayed.
#4andizzle29662(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 6:11:20 PM
Skylanders is a good idea, but a bad proposition for consumers. It's way too pricey. Now if the toys were 2.99 or less, then it wouldn't be that bad.
---
#5SocranPosted 3/7/2013 6:39:41 PM
All of the important people at Nintendo (not just the developers, who often don't get to decide on features like this) have said that they despise the idea of holding out on DLC or similar content packs that render a game "incomplete" without them. Skylanders-style NFC figurines fall under that category. It's more likely that they'd make games that takes advantage of NFC capabilities in existing products, like NFC-enabled Pokemon cards or something. Not fighting game DLC characters in figurine form.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#6Pac12345Posted 3/7/2013 7:08:20 PM
I think it is more likely for Nintendo to sell points cards with NFC integrated into them (Therefore adding funds to an account much more faster and easier), than actually selling figurines for basic game play services. Now extra levels or characters on say Mario Kart or SSB... seems like a possibility.
#7YoyokuKOPosted 3/7/2013 7:25:44 PM(edited)
NNID Cards
has a QR code, NFC tag, and AR print

carries console data, miiverse data, and is password locked.
can track if stolen and will tell you where the card was trying be used so you can Batman

$50
#8elheberPosted 3/7/2013 7:55:52 PM
For SSB4 you can save all your settings and preferences in a character keychain. I would buy a Luigi keychain.

Then, when I go to a tournament, I just scan my keychain and -BOOM- all my control and preferred costume settings are loaded up along with my nametag.

Though, in the end, the most obvious use for NFC is to scan your [NFC enabled] eShop cards for purchases either in the eShop or within the games themselves. Scan -> Paid -> New balance saved on card.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#9MathewMansonPosted 3/7/2013 8:00:05 PM
Wouldn't mind that idea for SSB. Most people would probably hate it, though.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#10andizzle29662(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 9:36:48 PM
MathewManson posted...
Wouldn't mind that idea for SSB. Most people would probably hate it, though.

It would cause chaos lol.
---