Winner of seventh generation.

#141Phasmatis92Posted 3/8/2013 6:19:59 AM
songoku0206 posted...
As a gamer I don't care who won, all that matters is where the games were at and guess what they sure wasn't on the wii.

Speak for yourself, as a multi-console owner I'll take the Wii's library over either of the other two.

Red Dead Redemption didn't do it for me. GTA with slow horses instead of fast cars, and I don't find GTA much fun to begin with.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#142shaunmePosted 3/8/2013 6:21:25 AM
MathewManson posted...
shaunme posted...
songoku0206 posted...
As a gamer I don't care who won, all that matters is where the games were at and guess what they sure wasn't on the wii.

this, 360/ps3 win by having red dead redemption, show me a more epic game.

Eh...am I the only person who didn't really care for that game? I think Bioshock destroys it.

bioshock was brilliant,unique setting decent story etc,but RDR was beyond epic.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#143shaunmePosted 3/8/2013 6:23:37 AM
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...

Speak for yourself, as a multi-console owner I'll take the Wii's library over either of the other two.

Red Dead Redemption didn't do it for me. GTA with slow horses instead of fast cars, and I don't find GTA much fun to begin with.

opinions.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#144songoku0206Posted 3/8/2013 6:27:56 AM
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...

Really you don't have to like RDR or GTA to know that the Wii had that Sega 32x library
---
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Cloudstrife0206
#145Phasmatis92Posted 3/8/2013 6:29:13 AM
shaunme posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...

opinions.

Exactly.
Opinions.
The winner of the generation in terms of games is entirely a matter of opinion.
What's not a matter of opinion is the sales winner, which is normally what is meant by the "winner" of a generation.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#146Phasmatis92Posted 3/8/2013 6:31:35 AM
songoku0206 posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...

Really you don't have to like RDR or GTA to know that the Wii had that Sega 32x library

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Xenoblade, Monster Hunter Tri, Zelda Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3... yep, I'll take games like that over the others, thanks. I love Bioshock, Uncharted, Mass Effect, etc, but in the end the Wii's library takes the cake for me.
---
#147songoku0206Posted 3/8/2013 6:40:56 AM
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Xenoblade, Monster Hunter Tri, Zelda Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3... yep, I'll take games like that over the others, thanks. I love Bioshock, Uncharted, Mass Effect, etc, but in the end the Wii's library takes the cake for me.
I feel like I was the only one who doesn't like Xenoblade it was FF12 in sheep clothing awesome ost tho
---
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Cloudstrife0206
#148Phasmatis92Posted 3/8/2013 6:42:15 AM
songoku0206 posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...

I feel like I was the only one who doesn't like Xenoblade it was FF12 in sheep clothing awesome ost tho

Oh, you're definitely not alone, just outnumbered. ;)
Honestly, I've never played FF12, the series never did much to endear itself to me.
---
#149shaunmePosted 3/8/2013 6:52:27 AM
Phasmatis92 posted...
shaunme posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
songoku0206 posted...

opinions.

Exactly.
Opinions.
The winner of the generation in terms of games is entirely a matter of opinion.
What's not a matter of opinion is the sales winner, which is normally what is meant by the "winner" of a generation.

Ps3 and 360 are still on sale,as is the Wii so regarding sales there is no winner.
---
#150The_HyphenatorPosted 3/8/2013 6:59:27 AM
There's not really any room for discussion here. Nintendo sold the most consoles and left the 7th generation having made massive profits and with $10.5 billion in the bank. Microsoft is about to leave the 7th gen with $3 billion in losses they still need to make back, and Sony's even worse off than Microsoft.

Additionally, Nintendo released the best-selling game of all time (Wii Sports) and released more quality exclusives than either Sony or Microsoft (though I'd contend that it was a close contest with Sony). The only area anybody can argue that Nintendo didn't win the 7th generation in was third-party support, which is true; Sony and Microsoft had a lot of excellent third party games that Nintendo didn't get. But by any other metric, Nintendo dominated the 7th generation.