Winner of seventh generation.

#31pearl arowanaPosted 3/7/2013 9:15:54 PM
MathewManson posted...
Linetrix posted...
The only correct answer is "not Nintendo".

Hardware and software sales say otherwise.

i bet this drones wont use the same argument with wii u. with wii u, sales dont matter

rofl rofl
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#32PangLaPosted 3/7/2013 9:30:54 PM
Wii was competing with the PS2 and Xbox
Wii U is now competing with the PS3 and Xbox 360

So no the Wii didn't win.
#33Tsutarja495Posted 3/7/2013 9:31:18 PM
pearl arowana posted...
MathewManson posted...
Linetrix posted...
The only correct answer is "not Nintendo".

Hardware and software sales say otherwise.

i bet this drones wont use the same argument with wii u. with wii u, sales dont matter

rofl rofl

Nope, I'm a Nintendrone, and I won't argue with the sales of PS1 and PS2 being much higher than those of the N64 and GC. If the Wii U doesn't sell the most this gen I will say whatever did is the winner.
#34P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/7/2013 9:34:12 PM
PangLa posted...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2yqUpypQwGs
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#35Pac12345Posted 3/7/2013 9:34:42 PM
Think of the 7th gen (Or any other gen for that matter) as any other sport:

The winners (The ones who win the world cup/gold trophy/gold medal) are the ones who score the most points, NOT the ones who played better/nicer/more beautifully.

People can say whatever they want about the Wii, the games it had, the competition, etc. In the end, all that matters is who sold the most. Simple as that.
#36Enigma149Posted 3/7/2013 9:37:47 PM
PangLa posted...

You say the Wii was competing with the Xbox and PS2? Interesting. I mean, I don't entirely see how the Wii could compete with something that was replaced over a year before it came out, but seeing as the Wii outsold the PS2 and Xbox after its release, wouldn't that be an argument for it "winning"? It certainly holds more ground that your argument.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#37Baha05Posted 3/7/2013 9:48:38 PM
Microsoft gets my vote for 7th gen.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#38PangLaPosted 3/7/2013 9:50:50 PM
Enigma149 posted...
PangLa posted...

You say the Wii was competing with the Xbox and PS2? Interesting. I mean, I don't entirely see how the Wii could compete with something that was replaced over a year before it came out, but seeing as the Wii outsold the PS2 and Xbox after its release, wouldn't that be an argument for it "winning"? It certainly holds more ground that your argument.

The Wii was using a last gen hardware at that time, but with motion controls.
#39MathewManson(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 9:55:40 PM
PangLa posted...
Enigma149 posted...
PangLa posted...

"but with motion controls." Dear child...please GOOGLE the definition of generation. Google will help you.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#40PangLaPosted 3/7/2013 9:59:53 PM
MathewManson posted...
PangLa posted...
Enigma149 posted...
PangLa posted...

"but with motion controls." Dear child...please GOOGLE the definition of generation. Google will help you.

You obviously know what I was trying to say. The Wii was using a slightly better hardware than the GameCube. Compare the graphics of the Wii to the PS2/GameCube/Xbox and you won't notice that much of a difference. Sure it still count as the 7th generation, but Nintendo obviously wasn't trying to compete with Sony/Microsoft, if anything it was a console for casuals.