Small issues with the Gamepad already

#1XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 3/8/2013 3:04:30 AM
Alright, so far I like the Gamepad, it's a pretty solid device, but I've had my Wii U about five days now and already the Gamepad seems to be showing SMALL signs of wear. And I do urge, small. I haven't really even been using it that much, except for Nintendoland, MH3U Demo, and just recently Warriors Orochi 3, as well as a bit of drawing with the touchscreen at the Miiverse. Here's what I've noticed:

Gamepad rattles - I looked this up, and I guess it's fairly common, probably did it since I first unboxed it, but none the less, there it is.

R button clicks - I don't mean clicks as in "pushing the button and it makes it's normal clicking noise", nor am I getting it mixed up with the RZ button. I put my finger over it and it moves, making annoying click noises. The L button doesn't do this. Also, when I press the R button, it feels "soft" and doesn't really make a press noise, not like my L button does.

Left Analog Stick grinds - When I hold the Left Analog Stick down completely, and rotate it, it has a grindy feel / noise. The Right Analog Stick feels just fine when I move it, again, may have been like this when I unboxed it and I only just noticed it.

Touchscreen ripples - Only in certain parts of the touch screen I notice (and really only when I hold it under a light), does the touch screen have a sort of ripple-effect when I gently press the stylus into the screen. It's sort of hard to describe, like the screen is loose or something, sort of how a plastic sheet wobbles when you press on it.

Maybe I'm just going OCD over my gamepad because it's an expensive piece of hardware, dunno, but if this much wear appears after a measly five days, I'm worried about say, five months. Given, the functionality of the Gamepad is still perfect, but some of these things do bug me.

Anyone else notice anything shortly after unboxing?
---
PSN and Nintendo Network: CrimsonSamuraiX
#2ThugETHPosted 3/8/2013 3:08:53 AM
The gamepad is cheaply produced, I'm not surprised at all.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#3Reece504Posted 3/8/2013 3:10:30 AM
the raddle i think is the stylus holder if you put your ear to it you'll notice the loose noise only on the right side where the stylus is at as far as the triggers mines click but only when you press them down like they should the bumpers on top make no noise and i have no screen or stick problems so i cant help u there.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KKnucklez
#4XCrimsonSamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 3:19:19 AM
Reece504 posted...
the raddle i think is the stylus holder if you put your ear to it you'll notice the loose noise only on the right side where the stylus is at as far as the triggers mines click but only when you press them down like they should the bumpers on top make no noise and i have no screen or stick problems so i cant help u there.

Nah, the rattle is there even when you take the Stylus out and hold every single button down. You can clearly hear that it's inside the gamepad.

As for the screen thing, it's REALLY not a big deal, just a small peeve for me I guess. I suppose what worries me the most about the Gamepad is that, it was designed with the same durability, if not less, as a standard controller with a screen. We all know that controllers, given time, sometimes a very short time, wear. That's the beauty of them though, you can just buy a new one if it wears out.

Problem with the Gamepad? It's practically the primary component of the system. If the Gamepad goes out at the same pace as a standard console controller, you won't be looking to replace it for a simple $30-40, but more like $150-200.
---
PSN and Nintendo Network: CrimsonSamuraiX
#5DarthBadgerPosted 3/8/2013 3:26:56 AM
The analog stick doesn't grind like that on mine, but all of those other things occur. There is a chance none of those things will affect the lifespan of the gamepad, but visual and audible problems like those usually indicate poor quality of parts you can't inspect.

Yeah, it's expensive. No, it's not a quality product; it's a piece of junk. Fortunately, Nintendo has been pretty good about fixing defective products in the past but all these corners they are cutting is really pissing me off.
---
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble
"Buy a shotgun." - Joe Biden
#6Petey_MeanisPosted 3/8/2013 3:45:38 AM
If you really feel these are manufacturers defects then call Nintendo Support. The Gamepad is under warranty and will be repaired or replaced for free.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#7GLDanzegoPosted 3/8/2013 6:38:08 AM
Sounds to me like you're just noticing small quirks that it has. Stop worrying so much about nothing and play.
#8blunderminePosted 3/8/2013 6:41:53 AM
The ripply screen is just because of the type of screen is it I believe. The same sort of thing happened with my DS. As for the rattle, you may want to take that to the store to get it checked out.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#9Grim__666Posted 3/8/2013 7:32:31 AM
The rattle is the volume switch and stylus sometimes...
#10GencoilPosted 3/8/2013 7:35:59 AM(edited)
I don't really understand how this rattling is a problem. The gamepad works, doesn't it? So who cares if it makes noise when you deliberately shake it. It's probably just the accelerometer or something.
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil