game that gets a lot of flack that you enjoyed on a nintendo console?

#1FlyinTonitePosted 3/8/2013 4:51:56 PM
Been running through Spirit Tracks again, I personally love it. I think it gets a lot of hate because Phantom Hourglass was terrible, or the touch controls but it's pretty solid. What game did you guys like that the general populace disliked/outright hated.
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#2MathewMansonPosted 3/8/2013 4:53:54 PM
Skyward Sword... I mean it's not an amazing game, though I enjoyed the experience I got from it.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#3Bahamut_10thPosted 3/8/2013 4:56:03 PM(edited)
Wii Music.

I actually WANTED a sequel. Preferably with a lot more music since I love the ability to modify the existing songs but there is only so much we can do with the options in the first game. (Something too many people missed about what was the point of the game) And specially with the sound of some insruments improved. (Electric Guitar for instance)

But I had a blast with that game. Both when I played seriously and when I goofed around on purpose with amusing Miis based on characters I like.
#4mattersvillePosted 3/8/2013 4:55:07 PM
Whoa whoa whoa!!!!!
Phantom Hourglass was amazing! So was Spirit Tracks.

For me, just about any game on Wii. Endless Ocean, Excite Truck, Dead Rising, Red Steel. I had a blast with all of them.
---
My Blog/Comic is funnier than your Blog/Comic.
http://sundaysmash.wordpress.com/
#5mjc0961Posted 3/8/2013 4:59:41 PM(edited)
No, Spirit Tracks gets a lot of hate because Spirit Tracks was also horrible. An even more linear and empty overworld, same crappy touch controls but worse because you now have to manage 2 characters in some parts of the game, completely useless pan flute minigames that have been proven to be easier to pass if you just play randomly and wildly rather than actually try to play correctly, and a completely dull plot that I couldn't possibly care less about.

Spirit Tracks is bad on its own merits, not because of Phantom Hourglass.

Anyway, New Super Mario Bros 2 I guess. People seem to hate that game for some reason, even though none of them can actually articulate why in a reason that makes sense ("it's just the same thing again" doesn't count when you also say you like New Super Mario Bros U in the same post).
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#6mjc0961Posted 3/8/2013 4:59:28 PM
mattersville posted...
Phantom Hourglass was amazing! So was Spirit Tracks.

lolno
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#7MathewMansonPosted 3/8/2013 4:59:45 PM
mjc0961 posted...
No, Spirit Tracks gets a lot of hate because Spirit Tracks was also horrible. An even more linear and empty overworld, same crappy touch controls but worse because you now have to manage 2 characters in some parts of the game, completely useless pan flute minigames that have been proven to be easier to pass if you just play randomly and wildly rather than actually try t play correctly, and a completely dull plot that I couldn't possibly care less about.

Spirit Tracks is bad on its own merits, not because of Phantom Hourglass.

Anyway, New Super Mario Bros 2 I guess. People seem to hate that game for some reason, even though none of them can actually articulate why in a reason that makes sense ("it's just the same thing again" doesn't count when you also say you like New Super Mario Bros U in the same post).

I kind of died laughing. "LINEARITY IS BAD, I HATE IT. OMFG MARIO <3<3<3"
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#8GloryChaosPosted 3/8/2013 5:02:40 PM
Pretty much every game I've ever played, save for the games nobody else knows about.

Well, I guess there's Kirby Super Star.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#9Bahamut_10thPosted 3/8/2013 5:05:17 PM
GloryChaos posted...
Pretty much every game I've ever played, save for the games nobody else knows about.

Are you joking?

A lot of people praise Super Star like it's the best Kirby game ever.
#10GloryChaosPosted 3/8/2013 5:06:59 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
GloryChaos posted...

Are you joking?

A lot of people praise Super Star like it's the best Kirby game ever.

Yeah, I know. I was naming it as a game that doesn't get a lot of flack or fan backlash.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666