To those of you who think it is a problem that EA isn't supporting Wii U

#101MegaWinFTWPosted 3/14/2013 5:25:24 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
MegaWinFTW posted...
I explained quite clearly how it's a problem. If you only care about Nintendo first party games then it might not be a problem for you but it's still a problem for the console itself. One of the biggest publishers in the industry giving little support is a bad thing, there isn't any twisting that, it is a bad sign for future support from other publishers too. Sticking your head in the sand wont change this.

The only problem here is that people are defending a sociopathic company that has proven to have utter contempt for both their customers and the intellectual properties they buy out. If this is what passes for 3rd-party support, then I say good riddance and the console remain first-party only. Nintendo is one of the only publishers I can trust now, and since they also have Atlus support it looks like there's no further use for western trash publishers like EA or Activision.

I must say that the mental gymnastics you go through in order to convince yourself that a major publisher not giving the system its full support is actually a good thing for it are quite amusing to witness. You're either so incredibly fanboyish that it's rather depressing or this is a really elaborate act, I've never seen someone stick their head so deep in the sand.

If you don't play many video games then I suppose you could make do with only Nintendo titles, they come far too irregularly for most people though, if that was all that was available then the only people who can suffice on just a Wii U are fanboys.
#102Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 3:06:54 PM
MegaWinFTW posted...
I must say that the mental gymnastics you go through in order to convince yourself that a major publisher not giving the system its full support is actually a good thing for it are quite amusing to witness. You're either so incredibly fanboyish that it's rather depressing or this is a really elaborate act, I've never seen someone stick their head so deep in the sand.

If you don't play many video games then I suppose you could make do with only Nintendo titles, they come far too irregularly for most people though, if that was all that was available then the only people who can suffice on just a Wii U are fanboys.

Okay, I'm convinced you're either a shill hired by EA to do damage control or one of their battered wives. Either way, your statements are only highlighting increasingly absurd the defense of EA is; almost on the border of a Kafka Komedy.
#103MegaWinFTWPosted 3/16/2013 10:23:55 AM
Emerald_Melios posted...
MegaWinFTW posted...

Okay, I'm convinced you're either a shill hired by EA to do damage control or one of their battered wives. Either way, your statements are only highlighting increasingly absurd the defense of EA is; almost on the border of a Kafka Komedy.

Yeah that's right, just dismiss me as a shill so you can continue to ignore the real implications. I also think you'll notice that "defending" EA has never been a major part of my posts, I don't care how evil you think they are or how badly you wish to see them go out of business and cause thousands of people to lose their jobs in a tough economic climate, that isn't the argument at hand. What I've argued is that regardless of how you feel about them a lack of their support is a problem. If you would just stop being so obviously enamoured with everything Nintendo related you might be able to notice this.
#104cavebear56Posted 3/16/2013 10:33:34 AM
EA is attempting to change the industry by taking advantage of consumer stupidity.

If/when they're successful be prepared for the rest of the major companies to follow the same patterns because they know they can get away with it.

That's just business.

No they aren't evil but they are doing things I, as a consumer, do not want. They really don't have but a handful of games worth playing anyways.

They really are handling Origin horribly as well. It isn't bad because of what it is, it's bad because it doesn't do it as well as Steam or GoG.

Will it hurt the Wii U if they don't support it? Sure, but it isn't like losing an arm more than it is suffering a skin irritation.

Will it hurt it enough for it to matter? No, especially if the Wii U follows through with being a strong force in the indie sphere of things.

In the end it is the consumer that act like sheep that will end the industry not the companies, as the consumer has the power to change all of this (the DRM, online passes, etc..) and that's by speaking with the wallet/purse.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#105meiyukiPosted 3/16/2013 10:54:50 AM
cavebear56 posted...
EA is attempting to change the industry by taking advantage of consumer stupidity.

If/when they're successful be prepared for the rest of the major companies to follow the same patterns because they know they can get away with it.

That's just business.

No they aren't evil but they are doing things I, as a consumer, do not want. They really don't have but a handful of games worth playing anyways.

They really are handling Origin horribly as well. It isn't bad because of what it is, it's bad because it doesn't do it as well as Steam or GoG.

Will it hurt the Wii U if they don't support it? Sure, but it isn't like losing an arm more than it is suffering a skin irritation.

Will it hurt it enough for it to matter? No, especially if the Wii U follows through with being a strong force in the indie sphere of things.

In the end it is the consumer that act like sheep that will end the industry not the companies, as the consumer has the power to change all of this (the DRM, online passes, etc..) and that's by speaking with the wallet/purse.

Simcity has pissed off a lot of people, and it's been coming to light that game looks like it was programed by unpaid interns. The solutions their lead scripter talks about are the kinds of things you'd expect from a 3rd or 4th year college student not the lead of a team at a multimillion dollar corporation. The game doesn't even really function they way they said it would and advertised it would.

Anyway I say all that to say I'm actually not entire sure how much it will hurt the wiiU. Their sports franchises are still huge so I imagine it will hurt it some but I really think at some point they're going to push too far and the backlash will be severe. There's also the problem that with indies and kickstarters doing so well the need for large publishing houses is dwindling. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but the more of this stuff that comes out the more they're driving people to the indies and kickstarters which will just make those games even better than they already are and remove all need for EA in the world.
#106STE573Posted 3/16/2013 11:11:17 AM
I'm going to sum this up in one sentence.

EA are a company that publish some of the most popular franchises on the planet, if they don't support something, it is going to hurt the system, and people who deny that are flat out kidding themselves.

There we go, done.

Regardless of them being evil, regardless of their anti consumer logic and regardless of if you think they make decent games thats the truth of it. And of you play ignorance to the kind of industry behemoth EA is then there is no use trying to talk sense to you.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#107zender1999Posted 3/16/2013 11:16:53 AM
in a few months wiiu has got mass effect, fifa, madden, need for speed...from ea
ea is supporting the wiiu and as time goes by the actually improve their games for the wiiu like with need for speed, giving wiiu owners, the best version of the game on any console with added features as well
ea is fully supporting the wiiu, how else do you call this? lol
#108StarGoyPosted 3/16/2013 11:21:15 AM
MegaWinFTW posted...
You're either so incredibly fanboyish that it's rather depressing or this is a really elaborate act.

You're killing me.
#109Ghost-inZeShellPosted 3/16/2013 11:24:45 AM
EA suggested...
That's a nice game you have there...

it would be a shame if...

...we were to publish it.
#110Ryan SiPosted 3/16/2013 11:44:30 AM
The jokes on you because a lot of people spend a lot of money buying EA games. Not having their support is damaging to Nintendo's console whether you can look past your own personal fanboy gripes or not.
---
Currently Playing: Bit.Trip Presents...Runner 2 (PC), Assassins Creed II (PC), Super Mario All-Stars (Wii)