To those of you who think it is a problem that EA isn't supporting Wii U

#81naruto190Posted 3/10/2013 2:26:46 AM
Who cares about EA, honestly that's one game company we could all do without, just look at Sim City.
---
Marty McFly: Whoa, this is heavy.
#82rudgerlightPosted 3/10/2013 2:43:19 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
I love reading comments by people who are completely oblivious and naive to the world. "ooh EA is so evil and so corrupt! They want to make money, they should burn in hell!!" I've got news for the lot of you.....businesses sole reason for existing is to make money. Whether that's Burger King, Apple, Nintendo, Disney, etc they don't give a **** about you. They care about making money....end of story.
All I hear are people who have absolutely no clue to the world around them spouting off crap like "EA is so bad because they dont want Game A (ie Crysis) on the WiiU"...all the while ignoring the fact that it was a business deal between them and Nintendo and Nintendo had every bit a part in that deal falling apart. Or they whine about the SimCity thing, like a server load hasn't ever happened before to gaming and any other developer out there. EA even went as far as to give a free game to people who bought SimCity due to the issues. Yeah they're SOOOOO evil. Give me a ******* break, a lot of you need a wake up call.

Never for a series that was traditionally single player and shipped without even the option for single player play. Please, I must hear about all of these similar launches.

Capitalism is about consumers making value choices with their wallets, it's not about corporations making as much money as humanly possible. If a company is doing something you don't like, you're supposed to stop giving that company money and spread the word to others as to why. Or would you rather everybody just hands money over to whoever wishes to earn it no matter what their business practices are?

And who here said they were evil and corrupt anyways or that they don't deserve to make money? You're setting up strawmen left and right.
#83Sailor GoonPosted 3/10/2013 2:59:44 AM
rudgerlight posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
I love reading comments by people who are completely oblivious and naive to the world. "ooh EA is so evil and so corrupt! They want to make money, they should burn in hell!!" I've got news for the lot of you.....businesses sole reason for existing is to make money. Whether that's Burger King, Apple, Nintendo, Disney, etc they don't give a **** about you. They care about making money....end of story.
All I hear are people who have absolutely no clue to the world around them spouting off crap like "EA is so bad because they dont want Game A (ie Crysis) on the WiiU"...all the while ignoring the fact that it was a business deal between them and Nintendo and Nintendo had every bit a part in that deal falling apart. Or they whine about the SimCity thing, like a server load hasn't ever happened before to gaming and any other developer out there. EA even went as far as to give a free game to people who bought SimCity due to the issues. Yeah they're SOOOOO evil. Give me a ******* break, a lot of you need a wake up call.

Never for a series that was traditionally single player and shipped without even the option for single player play. Please, I must hear about all of these similar launches.

Capitalism is about consumers making value choices with their wallets, it's not about corporations making as much money as humanly possible. If a company is doing something you don't like, you're supposed to stop giving that company money and spread the word to others as to why. Or would you rather everybody just hands money over to whoever wishes to earn it no matter what their business practices are?

And who here said they were evil and corrupt anyways or that they don't deserve to make money? You're setting up strawmen left and right.

So the game is now online. So what? Go online then. EA isn't some evil corporation just because they had a server overload. This has happened with countless games.

If you dont like what a company is doing, then don't follow them. Simple as that. But don't act like they're evil simply because they're trying to make a profit. That just shows severe stupidity.

And who said that?? Have you even read this topic or this board? Nearly everyone here is.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#84DarthBadgerPosted 3/10/2013 3:00:55 AM
Sailor Goon posted...

Well, I acknowledge that any business exists to make profit and should not be condemned for doing so but it's their unethical actions that make them so damn horrible.

Here's a nice summary of why EA deserves hate:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Why-People-Hate-EA-Ten-Simple-Reasons-43696.html

Like I said, I don't hate them for wanting money and the whole "day one DLC" and such are gray areas but ...

- Hiring actors to portray Christian protesters to draw attention to games
- Manufacturing a debate over gay-rights to look like a progressive organization that cares about people to divert from their bad reputation
- Everything about Origin - making it possible to lose an entire account along with every purchased game if the account is not used in a long time, and being banned from Origin forums also banning the player from their games

^ are all deplorable. It's as if EA actually hates gamers. They actually do not understand that a strong relationship between company and consumer results in a more long-term and stronger business infrastructure than squeezing every penny out of consumers for immediate profit is.

Other than that, they buy-out and convert every unique gaming experience into the most generic and widely accessible thing as possible. Again, resulting in more immediate profit, but resulting in long-term failure. Some day, the generic cookie-cutter mold then cram every loved game into is going to break when enough people get sick of it.
---
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble
"Buy a shotgun." - Joe Biden
#85TrueBlue91Posted 3/10/2013 3:01:59 AM
rudgerlight posted...
Sailor Goon posted...

Capitalism is about consumers making value choices with their wallets, it's not about corporations making as much money as humanly possible.

Capitalism is about the wealthy leeching off the poor. That's just how it is.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#86DarthBadgerPosted 3/10/2013 3:10:03 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...

Wow. No. Capitalism is about the ability to become wealthy by offering a product or service in exchange for money from a consumer who willingly accepts the trade.

People like you are usually just pissed because they know they will never have a successful business plan and will have to settle for working for someone else.
---
#87Sailor GoonPosted 3/10/2013 3:28:21 AM
- Manufacturing a debate over gay-rights to look like a progressive organization that cares about people to divert from their bad reputation
- Everything about Origin - making it possible to lose an entire account along with every purchased game if the account is not used in a long time, and being banned from Origin forums also banning the player from their games

- Because other companies have never done marketing to draw attention to games before right?

- Starting a debate to make step forwards towards gay rights both in games and outside of them is supposed to be a bad thing?

- Do you even realize how many companies shut down accounts when they have been inactive? Hundreds...if not thousands. As for the forum thing.....you want to act like a dumbass? You deserve what you get. And EA has already said that banned accounts can access their games.

Its this Tinfoil Hat brigade response that's laughable on this board.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#88DarthBadgerPosted 3/10/2013 3:42:24 AM
Sailor Goon posted...

- Because other companies have never done marketing to draw attention to games before right?

- Starting a debate to make step forwards towards gay rights both in games and outside of them is supposed to be a bad thing?

- Do you even realize how many companies shut down accounts when they have been inactive? Hundreds...if not thousands. As for the forum thing.....you want to act like a dumbass? You deserve what you get. And EA has already said that banned accounts can access their games.

Its this Tinfoil Hat brigade response that's laughable on this board.

Alright now your just ignoring every ******* thing I said.

Yes other companies have done it. That doesn't make it a good thing. It's shameless marketing. It's insulting to a huge group of people.

They aren't helping gay rights because they genuinely want to. They only did so to sweep their "Worst company in the country" award under the rug.

Having a forum tied to games is not what anyone deserves. Yeah I realize how many companies shut down inactive accounts. Free **** like email or forum accounts. EA was shutting them down after two years and making the gamers repurchase lost games, not just putting them into a suspended state. It's not like an Origin account takes up some huge amount of physical space like a storage unit. There is absolutely no need for Origin other than binding gamers into something they can't set aside for a while like real games.

Tinfoil Hat brigade? I actually agreed with you until this. I don't hate them for wanting to make a profit. I hate them for undeniably treating people like ****. How can you even defend that? Hey, do you mind looking for my car keys while you've got your head shoved up there?
---
#89excitebike64Posted 3/10/2013 10:01:27 AM
DarthBadger posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

Wow. No. Capitalism is about the ability to become wealthy by offering a product or service in exchange for money from a consumer who willingly accepts the trade.

People like you are usually just pissed because they know they will never have a successful business plan and will have to settle for working for someone else.

No, that's what capitalism has always been. It started years ago when White Men stole land from Native Americans. And before that, it was people getting a little extra money from kings and queens. Capitalism in its purist form is never about the consumer, only the people that already have the money.

Even Henry Ford is quoted saying something about how if the majority knew how banks worked, people would riot, protest, something like that. And that's from a pro-capitalist.

It's just that the propaganda about capitalism is so strong, it's hard to see the truth at times. Do you really think Honey BooBoo is representing the consumer? Or the fact that McDonald's always get the first bids on potatoes?
#90Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 2:41:26 PM
naruto190 posted...
Who cares about EA, honestly that's one game company we could all do without, just look at Sim City.

Yet apparently it is a "problem" if they aren't supporting this console, as though Nintendo needs an anti-consumer publisher to sell their system. Every game platform would be better off if Electronic Arts were shut down.