What all do we know about Retro's game?

#1SocranPosted 3/8/2013 5:51:39 PM
When did we first hear about it? Was it confirmed to be for Wii U, and not just speculated? How often do we hear official confirmation that it's still in development? I'm just wondering, because literally all info I have on that game is second-hand, and I hate not knowing how reliable my information is.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#2Socran(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 6:34:53 PM
Badabump?

Heaven forbid GameFAQs would actually be used for gathering information instead of yelling at each other...
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#3Bahamut_10thPosted 3/8/2013 6:45:24 PM(edited)
I'm too lazy to look for the sources but yes, it's confirmed. They have at least one project on development for Wii U since at least 2 or 3 years ago.
It's been mentioned several times the past years.

Retro and Nintendo have been secretive about what game it is.
A lot of people seem to guess it's either a Starfox, Metroid Prime 4 or a new IP.

Also, some former Naughty Dog and Crytek devs joined Retro or something. I don't remember.
#4Traptin3daysPosted 3/8/2013 6:40:37 PM
The only thing I know is that it is confirmed to Wii U. How I know that is a mystery though.
---
My dad gave me some advice before he died. He said, son, if you see a beautiful woman, you have to flirt with her. It's rude not to.
#5blazeUP12Posted 3/8/2013 6:53:34 PM
?
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#6YoyokuKOPosted 3/8/2013 6:54:43 PM
it was scrapped last year and being redone for next year
#7RockD79Posted 3/8/2013 6:57:27 PM
They contributed some track designs for Mario Kart 7 last, right? That was Dec 2010 or 2011? So there's been nothing since then from Retro. Unless I missed something after MK7 I would suspect whatever it is it may possibly get released this holiday. Anythings possible. Nintendo is king when it comes to secrets. Lets see what we know for sure. Nintendo said Mario Kart and new 3D Mario game at E3. Possibly Smash as well. They could be involved in Mario Kart again, that's possible. Don't think that EAD would leave the 3D Mario game to another team. Smash seems even less likely due to the collaboration with Namco. So what's left? Metroid, DK, F-Zero, DKR2 or something new? Too many possibilities to think about. My brain may go to mush just trying to piece it all together.
#8RockD79Posted 3/8/2013 6:58:30 PM
RockD79 posted...
They contributed some track designs for Mario Kart 7 last, right? That was Dec 2010 or 2011? So there's been nothing since then from Retro. Unless I missed something after MK7 I would suspect whatever it is it may possibly get released this holiday. Anythings possible. Nintendo is king when it comes to secrets. Lets see what we know for sure. Nintendo said Mario Kart and new 3D Mario game at E3. Possibly Smash as well. They could be involved in Mario Kart again, that's possible. Don't think that EAD would leave the 3D Mario game to another team. Smash seems even less likely due to the collaboration with Namco. So what's left? Metroid, DK, F-Zero, DKR2 or something new? Too many possibilities to think about. My brain may go to mush just trying to piece it all together.

Oops forgot Starfox! See, I'm slipping already lol!
#9Socran(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 7:05:35 PM
RockD79 posted...
They contributed some track designs for Mario Kart 7 last, right? That was Dec 2010 or 2011? So there's been nothing since then from Retro.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D was announced recently. That's actually the reason I asked if their game was confirmed to be for Wii U.
---
#10kingrafa12345Posted 3/8/2013 7:13:29 PM
Socran posted...
RockD79 posted...
They contributed some track designs for Mario Kart 7 last, right? That was Dec 2010 or 2011? So there's been nothing since then from Retro.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D was announced recently. That's actually the reason I asked if their game was confirmed to be for Wii U.

If that was what they were working on, I would seriously cry
---
"Warwick are you gonna jungle?"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family?"